Purchase Jalapeno Seeds

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Hi all. Looking for some new information on the availability of fresh jalapenos and also if anyone knows where I can buy the seeds locally? Thanks in advance

Cheers!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
No you can't buy locally, at least I haven't found any in any part of the country, fresh or seeds. I have had friends bring seeds for me, along with habanero, and scotch bonnet.
One could only wish.....

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
2 weeks ago bought 2 lbs of jalapenos in la sirena luperon momi made all into cream cheese and bacon poppers umm good.

they also scotch bonnets and habenerros, all like 70 peso per bag, I bought before at Pricesmart, jalapenos, were 250 peso for the lb.

Finding seeds, they must be somewhere, but have never seen them here, I bring mine in.

Now Growing Trinidad Moruga Red Scorpion, the worlds hottest at the moment, and jalapeno giants.

g'luck

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Hey Don Luis, if you ever want to part with a couple of those Trinidad Moruga Red Scorpion seeds, I would be more than happy to take a couple off your hands.
As far as the jalapenos go, are these fresh, or the pickled type? I have seen scotch bonnet and habenero's here, but never fresh jalapenoss. thanks for the heads up

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hey Don Luis, if you ever want to part with a couple of those Trinidad Moruga Red Scorpion seeds, I would be more than happy to take a couple off your hands.
As far as the jalapenos go, are these fresh, or the pickled type? I have seen scotch bonnet and habenero's here, but never fresh jalapenoss. thanks for the heads up

i have seen habaneros, but never the genuine scotch bonnets, which look like a scottish piece of headgear.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
As far as the jalapenos go, are these fresh, or the pickled type? I have seen scotch bonnet and habenero's here, but never fresh jalapenos. thanks for the heads up

They were fresh in both cases, I have noticed hot peppers do not sell quickly here so sometimes you'll see they have been on the shelf for a while, but in both instances they were nice, firm thick walled peppers.

I could be persuaded to part with a couple Trinidad Moruga Red Scorpion, a little more liberal with jalapenos, that I have, they are fresh seeds.

I also have some older stock of a few varieties of hot, more liberal still, can only grow no more than 2 varieties at a time and as far away from each other as possible otherwise they cross and you get all kinds of strange configurations.

here in N.S.D.

g'luck