ARS Humano

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hi,

we will go into ARS Humano via TSS.

We were covered before via my wife's ex employer with Humano a few years ago and we were told it is less complicated to continue w/ the same ARS when re-enter. I wanted to go with Universal, but well...

Can somebody point me to where I can see what additional plans ARS Humano offers to improve the usual TSS plan? Can't find anything on their website...

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2007
caribmike, I would strongly suggest you reconsider.

I wholeheartedly recommend ARS Constitucion and their add-on plan (compelmentario) Clasico II which is RD$470 per month and covers 100% everything with the only exception of special studies (80%). Also it has RD$5400 per day in hospital room. This is a very good plan, and I have one, and I am not sorry.

Humano has strong name. The basic plan is the same with all ARS. But the add-on plans differ, Constitucion has the only one that covers virtually 100% everything (with the exception mentioned above). Humano has NOT so good (price/benefit) add-on plans, neither does Universal (price/benefit). Universal does not have any add-on plan which would cover 100%, Humano might have, but very expensive compared to add-on by Constitucion.

For a private plan (voluntario), I would choose between Universal and Constitucion.
For TSS basic plan (contributivo), there is no difference.
For add-on plan (complementario), I would chose 100% ARS Constitucion.

To get into any other ARS than you have been before, visit the ARS BEFORE you get reinserted into TSS. You fill out the application form. Reinsert into TSS about 3-5 working days after filling the form, so they have time to enter you into system as "pending". Once the first TSS payment is made (by the 3rd of the month the following month), on about the 10th or 11th of that following month the payment will be reported to TSS and you will be "fully affiliated". Then you get your carnet.

After you are "fully affiliated" and always before the 20th of that month, you fill out form for add-on plan. You can pay that monthly or quarterly, directly to the ARS. The add-on plan will be effective on the 1st of the following month.

Suppose you go today (June 20th) to ARS.

1. You affiliate today.
2. You reintroduce the person into TSS in 5 business days.
3. By the 3rd of July (next month) you pay your June 2013 contribution (which should be from 20-25th to 30th of June, prorated).
4. On the 10th or 11th of July the payment will be reported, and your policy will become effective immediately. You get your carnet in about 1 week at the ARS branch, but you can get your policy (carnet) number immediately so you can use it if you have any emergency and need to get medical attention.
5. Immediately once your policy is active, you subscribe to the add-on plan (e.g. on July 15th, but before July 20th).
On August 1, 2013, your add-on policy is active.

Remember, TSS contributions must be paid by the 3rd of the month, reporting and paying for the previous month.

Feb 7, 2007
Caribmike, another thing ... if the person you are introducing to TSS is yourself, and you have cedula 402xxx, you might not be in TSS yet (you will get "cedula no existe" error message when trying to enter the person in). You need to contact TSS in Veron and it will be added within 30 minutes. You enter just yourself or your wife, and then the other spouse get added as well as children under the age of 18 (talk to ARS to see if it can b done at the time of signing up with the ARS, or whether it is done at later date once the policy is active).

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yes, I wasn't in the system. Despite that ARS Humano paid for me years ago some treatment. I was insured via my wife.

Caribmike, another thing ... if the person you are introducing to TSS is yourself, and you have cedula 402xxx, you might not be in TSS yet (you will get "cedula no existe" error message when trying to enter the person in). You need to contact TSS in Veron and it will be added within 30 minutes. You enter just yourself or your wife, and then the other spouse get added as well as children under the age of 18 (talk to ARS to see if it can b done at the time of signing up with the ARS, or whether it is done at later date once the policy is active).

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I was considering Universal b/c I was told they are the only one to keep one beyond 65 without complications...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Can somebody point me to where I can see what additional plans ARS Humano offers to improve the usual TSS plan? Can't find anything on their website...

their plans are here. your TSS is a basic plan, you can add a complimentary plan to that:
ARS Humano

alternatively call 809 200 4903, spanish only.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
caribmike, I would strongly suggest you reconsider.

I wholeheartedly recommend ARS Constitucion and their add-on plan (compelmentario) Clasico II which is RD$470 per month and covers 100% everything with the only exception of special studies (80%). Also it has RD$5400 per day in hospital room. This is a very good plan, and I have one, and I am not sorry.

Humano has strong name. The basic plan is the same with all ARS. But the add-on plans differ, Constitucion has the only one that covers virtually 100% everything (with the exception mentioned above). Humano has NOT so good (price/benefit) add-on plans, neither does Universal (price/benefit). Universal does not have any add-on plan which would cover 100%, Humano might have, but very expensive compared to add-on by Constitucion.

For a private plan (voluntario), I would choose between Universal and Constitucion.
For TSS basic plan (contributivo), there is no difference.
For add-on plan (complementario), I would chose 100% ARS Constitucion.

To get into any other ARS than you have been before, visit the ARS BEFORE you get reinserted into TSS. You fill out the application form. Reinsert into TSS about 3-5 working days after filling the form, so they have time to enter you into system as "pending". Once the first TSS payment is made (by the 3rd of the month the following month), on about the 10th or 11th of that following month the payment will be reported to TSS and you will be "fully affiliated". Then you get your carnet.

After you are "fully affiliated" and always before the 20th of that month, you fill out form for add-on plan. You can pay that monthly or quarterly, directly to the ARS. The add-on plan will be effective on the 1st of the following month.

Suppose you go today (June 20th) to ARS.

1. You affiliate today.
2. You reintroduce the person into TSS in 5 business days.
3. By the 3rd of July (next month) you pay your June 2013 contribution (which should be from 20-25th to 30th of June, prorated).
4. On the 10th or 11th of July the payment will be reported, and your policy will become effective immediately. You get your carnet in about 1 week at the ARS branch, but you can get your policy (carnet) number immediately so you can use it if you have any emergency and need to get medical attention.
5. Immediately once your policy is active, you subscribe to the add-on plan (e.g. on July 15th, but before July 20th).
On August 1, 2013, your add-on policy is active.

Remember, TSS contributions must be paid by the 3rd of the month, reporting and paying for the previous month.

Im using ARS Constitucion too, just added the complementary III for extra 250.00, will double the farmacy money for discount, and not diference on doctor appoyments, plus other benefics, I used to have Humano but I switched to Constitucion.

ARS Humano has blocked the access toll free Number for assitance if you are calling from a Cell phone.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I was looking there but to me these appear to be their "normal" plans it doesn't say anything like complementary...I was hoping to find some prices too. I guess only calling them might help... Thank you :)

their plans are here. your TSS is a basic plan, you can add a complimentary plan to that:
ARS Humano

alternatively call 809 200 4903, spanish only.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no, plans superior, royal, max and platinum are complimentary or should i say, "extra". you can pick and choose. i do not think the prices are all exactly the same because you can slightly tweak some options, adding more ambulatory allowance, adding dental, maternity and so on. also, the prices will depend on the number of people included and so on. you will have to call and ask, i'm afraid.