Feb 20, 2013
Hi
how do i get to Luperon from sosua or puerto plata

does metro caribe go there???

thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
big buses (metro/caribe) do not go there. there must be small buses and cars leaving from javillar but i do not know how many times a day. javillar is where avenida coln (or avenida caamano as it is called now) enters manolo tavarez justo, opposite ferreteria freddy.

B J

Feb 20, 2013
many thanks
i am familiar with the big taxi stand and guagua stand in sosua is across from the gas station and just up from the supermercardo.......is ferreteria freddy near there??

cost to ge to luperon???? Time of trip?????

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no, my directions are from POP. i don't believe there is anything going from sosua to luperon directly. you'd have to take a ride to POP and then change. from POP to luperon it will be minimum 1 hour (carros publicos stop to load and unload passengers). no idea about price, sorry.

Taca?o

Dec 30, 2012
Is it just me?! Cos I'm looking at these kind of topics and I wonder how people are living!? You're living in a warm / hot country, girls be walking down the streets, bla bla.. but somehow one is managing to ask questions behind his computer while it's that easy to ask the neighbours or to ask the people on the streets.

Get you lazy S up man!

Twix

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
Is it just me?! Cos I'm looking at these kind of topics and I wonder how people are living!? You're living in a warm / hot country, girls be walking down the streets, bla bla.. but somehow one is managing to ask questions behind his computer while it's that easy to ask the neighbours or to ask the people on the streets.

Get you lazy S up man!

Well when it comes to directions or prices dominicans don't have a clue or give wrong information. I had a very hard time getting directions to an animal shelter. Nobody knew there was one in santiago and the lady that worked there gave terrible directions. When i was looking to rent a house the real estate agent could not give me directions. All she could say is that the house is in the antenna of gurabo. What she meant was its close to an antenna but there are many here in gurabo.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Well when it comes to directions or prices dominicans don't have a clue or give wrong information. I had a very hard time getting directions to an animal shelter. Nobody knew there was one in santiago and the lady that worked there gave terrible directions. When i was looking to rent a house the real estate agent could not give me directions. All she could say is that the house is in the antenna of gurabo. What she meant was its close to an antenna but there are many here in gurabo.

well, well. Twix is right. never, never, ever get directions from a Dominican. you will end up in Tibet.

SkyBlues

Apr 8, 2011
Sosua to Puerto Plata is about 40 pesos. Javilla Tours takes you from PP to Imbert for 40 pesos (30 mins) and then a carrito from Imbert to Luperon is 60 pesos (40 mins). You will be squashed in the Luperon car but if you are abit flash you can buy the front seat for 120 pesos.

B J

Feb 20, 2013

Get you lazy S up man!

You are just wondering are you? You are just wondering about my business and my social situation. How bout you mind your own business and shove your opinions in your a$$. Id say it to your face too if i had half the chance

many thanks to the other contributors

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Is it just me?!!

it is just you. dr1 is a wealth of information form people living in different parts of the country. available in only few clicks. it's like bing, but better. go out and ask? you are kidding.

Taca?o

Dec 30, 2012
You are just wondering are you? You are just wondering about my business and my social situation. How bout you mind your own business and shove your opinions in your a$$. Id say it to your face too if i had half the chance

many thanks to the other contributors

I ain't here to fight, normaly I would've respond to you in a way you're responding to me.

But with that being said, it's kinda uhmm.. well.. if you put your business on the net how do you expect others not to mind it?

I don't know what nerve hit you, but I was for real about wondering if it's just me because in these 2 weeks I've been in Santo Domingo I asked a lot to the locals and everything worked out for the best.

I understand this site is to get answers and all that, but still..

Taca?o

Dec 30, 2012
it is just you. dr1 is a wealth of information form people living in different parts of the country. available in only few clicks. it's like bing, but better. go out and ask? you are kidding.

I'm not kidding at all, it ain't like you're living in Alaska were you have to dress for minutes to protect yourself from the cold weather in the hope to see people every 5 minutes.

"Go out and ask? Are you kidding." - That's why I ask myself is it just me, I live next to El Conde, those who know are aware of the bus stops (these little uncomfortable buses) in front of El Conde and next to Telemicro. The past day all I did was traveling and all you have to do is ask those drivers or their fellowmen who want you to get in where you have to go. THEY'LL LET YOU KNOW AND THEY NEVER BEEN WRONG!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
for me to get to where the drivers of guaguas are i have to walk about 20 minutes. in scorching sun. and they will know s**t about going to luperon because they do not go to luperon. no to mention that in order to be able to communicate with those fellows you need to be able not only to ask but also to understand long, overly complicated and misleading answer. i know dominicans well enough.

once when i was walking with miesposo a car stopped next to us as and the driver asked where is the main exit. my answer was: drive until the end of the street, turn right and go strait, the entrance is right there. miesposo, this dimwit? he said: first you drive straight, you will pass this and that on the left, this and that to the right, then drive more, then the road will end, then you take first street right, then you drive and then you will have to ask again.

see? hopeless.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
for me to get to where the drivers of guaguas are i have to walk about 20 minutes. in scorching sun. and they will know s**t about going to luperon because they do not go to luperon. no to mention that in order to be able to communicate with those fellows you need to be able not only to ask but also to understand long, overly complicated and misleading answer. i know dominicans well enough.

once when i was walking with miesposo a car stopped next to us as and the driver asked where is the main exit. my answer was: drive until the end of the street, turn right and go strait, the entrance is right there. miesposo, this dimwit? he said: first you drive straight, you will pass this and that on the left, this and that to the right, then drive more, then the road will end, then you take first street right, then you drive and then you will have to ask again.

see? hopeless.

took a motoconcho to my home yesterday. the guy was on my street, and i told him to stop at the stairway to my building. he blew by it, and i told him he had passed the stairway. his response?

"i was looking for it".

would you seek directions from that man? or his relatives? or his friends? even his enemies?

Taca?o

Dec 30, 2012
took a motoconcho to my home yesterday. the guy was on my street, and i told him to stop at the stairway to my building. he blew by it, and i told him he had passed the stairway. his response?

"i was looking for it".

would you seek directions from that man? or his relatives? or his friends? even his enemies?

Guess what, ish like that happens to me also.. but thank God I have hands to tap him on the back and a mouth to say turn around cos you missed my spot and eyes to look at him with a look that says YOU BETTER TURN AROUND QUICK!

But okay, I read someone is living minutes from the taxis and those thing didn't cross my mind and that is actualy what I wanted to know. Because in my small world everything is happening around me, but of course the DR is bigger than La Zona Colonial.

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
exactly my thoughts, but how can you ask for direction if your spanish is limited to few words ;-))) ? like many expats here, they live here for x years and they barely speak any spanish.....

Get you lazy S up man!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
to ask is not a problem. in the simplest version you need less than 5 words: como llegar a luperon? heck, you can google translate from spanish and memorize. the problem is to understand what is being said: very fast, with slang thrown in, words misspelled...

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
some people say that 80 % of communication is made by context, situation, gestures etc. So it shouldn't be that hard...+ Dominicans like to use their hands when they talk :)
to ask is not a problem. in the simplest version you need less than 5 words: como llegar a luperon? heck, you can google translate from spanish and memorize. the problem is to understand what is being said: very fast, with slang thrown in, words misspelled...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
gestures in DR is waving your hands about. if someone speaks little spanish 80% of the entire explanation will be heard as blah blah and gestures will be confusing...

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
Lup?ron is not that far. I wanted to go there 2 winters ago to meet some people. I asked a motoconcho that I knew in Costambar, one with a big motorcycle, if he would like to drive me up there. He looked at me like I had 2 heads, and asked whether I was serious. I said yes. So for around 1000 pesos if I recall correctly, he drove me there, waited for me for 2 hours while I did what I wanted to do and we came back leisurely. Beautiful day for a motorcycle ride! Oh, and I made sure he got me a helmut. A bit crazy yes, but a lot of fun!