Been There, Done That

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am really just thinking of a couple of threads for the newbies (many of whom are Dominicans!) to be able to post and get up to the 500 posts which will help them get into the 500 posts for the Off topic thread where some of the really juicy stuff goes on..

But also to hear about places which are off the beaten track where others have gone and loved and would go back to...

Ok.

So have you been there, and done this?

To Los Patos, outside of Barahona, and swum in the river all afternoon while eating chicken?

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
Cant wait to do that when I move to the DR in September. Barahona, the whole SW is on my list.
But.... it is going to take me a loooooooooog while to get to 500 posts! ;-)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
My fondest memory so far of many is the entire day I spent with 3 Dominican families celebrating their sons graduation from Medical school, we spent the entire drinking and partying as the Women made a huge Vat of Sancocho ( think its called that).
By the end of the evening 12 to 14 hours later, the third family offered me up their 24 year old daughter, I had just turned 38 at the time and didn't understand what was happening, they kept pushing me towards her. My friend ( the new Doctor) who spoke good english said, "she is yours for the evening".. Not wanting to be a bad guest I accepted the young maiden.. now that is hospitality Dominican style...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I think she is still waiting for the $100.

My fondest memory so far of many is the entire day I spent with 3 Dominican families celebrating their sons graduation from Medical school, we spent the entire drinking and partying as the Women made a huge Vat of Sancocho ( think its called that).
By the end of the evening 12 to 14 hours later, the third family offered me up their 24 year old daughter, I had just turned 38 at the time and didn't understand what was happening, they kept pushing me towards her. My friend ( the new Doctor) who spoke good english said, "she is yours for the evening".. Not wanting to be a bad guest I accepted the young maiden.. now that is hospitality Dominican style...

Rafael Perez

Oct 21, 2007

Pimping their daughter eh? That what it sounds like especially about the "Evening" part. This is the reason why DR is a big H* train. Whatever happened to family values and morals?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'll bet she asked for money to pay for her "Celular", tuition,(Although she doesn't go to school) money for medicine for her sick mother( Who was at the party drinking for 14 hours), money to pay the "Compra/Venta" to get her gold chain,(A "GIFT" from a "Gringo" Amigo) out of hock, and of course, "Taxi Fare", even though she took a "Caro Publico" to her next "DATE"!
"K Vaina"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
AND, "Lucky You"!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
But also to hear about places which are off the beaten track where others have gone and loved and would go back to...

some time ago i went to los montones, i never got round to writing trip report...

don't even ask me where is that place, i have no clue. we drove from santago higher and higher up the mountains. stunning views. quite a few drop dead gorgeous, huge properties and houses of ricos out there. if we ever come to some spare money i would love to buy a small land there and have a holiday house. really amazing area.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I'll bet she asked for money to pay for her "Celular", tuition,(Although she doesn't go to school) money for medicine for her sick mother( Who was at the party drinking for 14 hours), money to pay the "Compra/Venta" to get her gold chain,(A "GIFT" from a "Gringo" Amigo) out of hock, and of course, "Taxi Fare", even though she took a "Caro Publico" to her next "DATE"!
"K Vaina"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
AND, "Lucky You"!

only one guy could have written that;CCCCCCC

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011

This is not a FANTASY forum, nor a TALIBAN forum

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
personally i think it's all BS. i went to several graduation events and no one offered me any ass.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I am really just thinking of a couple of threads for the newbies (many of whom are Dominicans!) to be able to post and get up to the 500 posts which will help them get into the 500 posts for the Off topic thread where some of the really juicy stuff goes on..

Ok.

So have you been there, and done this?

To Los Patos, outside of Barahona, and swum in the river all afternoon while eating chicken?

So, only 490+ posts to go then I can find out what happens in the off topic area.

Btw, does a reply count as a post? How about a like?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
How about El Moro? Not as in beans, as in salt flats Monte Christi?

have you been there, done that?

I ate the best fish I have ever had there at the little restaurant right to the left before the old hotel on the beach.

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
MA: I was at the same restaurant last year. The chivo was superb, very inexpensive and they used linen tablecloth! And the salt flats provided some great photo opportunities.