Claro person put one over on my wife.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
During the last 2 months I was in the USA the Claro line to our house wore out somehow and broke down. The service tapered off gradually. They did eventually come and replace the line. However they took the modern modem and replaced it with a POS from 2008 that barely covers 10 feet around it in the house. The Claro guy told my wife that this was a better modem. If I was there I would have seen it and not allowed it to be changed.
Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to chalk that up to living in the DR and deal with it?
Maybe I will spill a Presidente on it right before I go on vacation.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Just tell them you want to upgrade your wireless router. It will probable be around RD1500. I have a Zyxcel and it covers upstairs and downstairs well.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
gee, i read the title and i was thinking: darn, this is one for the mars and venus forum. kinda saw the claro guy putting his... oh, never mind. less on the subject of sex and more on internet: we have a cisco SOHO 850. works like a charm. covers entire house and even reaches outside.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Call and tell them that you are dissatisfied with the modem and request that it be replaced with the previous modem.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
. If I was there I would have seen it and not allowed it to be changed.
Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to chalk that up to living in the DR and deal with it?
You don`t have to chalk anything up! Call customer service and complain. Sometimes it helps more if you go also go to a Claro center and talk to someone in person.