Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem with Claro

I got a house phone with claro 3 months ago, i had so many problems with them im not interested in their service anymore, so i went today and told them to cancel my line... Now they are telling me i have a 18 months contract with them and i have to pay cancellation fee if i want to get out.

I have never ever signed any contract when i went to the customer service and activate my line, i never tought i had any contract to be honest.

Is this even legal? Can i do anything to not have to pay their stupid cancellation fee?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an eighteen month contract for a DSL modem. If you signed up for Flash, you do have a contract.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a house phone, nothing else.

How can you have a contract if you dont sign nothing, i dont get this? When i went to tricom and did a contract for my cable+internet i signed a contract, why whould it not be the same with them?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem with Claro. The housephone is working 2 out of 7 days a week.(when i am lucky)

It is getting boring at times, but i am used to it now.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you cancel the "contract", then you have to pay 1000peso. So you can probably afford "breaking" the contract if you want to get rid of the "housephone."

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I can obviously afford it, just ****ing me off that i wasnt warned and didnt sign nothing and they tell me after i have a contract.

Anyway Claro is by far the worst company i had to deal with here, i just have a housephone that i basicly only paid for the alarm in my house and had so many prolem with them since day 1, i guess im gonna pay those ****ers and never get anything with them ever.

7. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup Claro SUX IT!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I just looked at the Claro website, and if you read Spanish, they do say that their plans are contracts:

Solicita este servicio desde la comodidad de tu hogar, entrando a la Tienda en Línea Claro: Aquí

O llamando a nuestro Centro de Atención Telefónica al 809-220-1111, visitando uno de nuestros Centros de Atención a Clientes o Distribuidores Autorizados a nivel nacional.

Requisitos de contratación
    Presentar Documento de Identidad válido y vigente (Cédula o Pasaporte).
    Proporcionar la ubicación exacta de donde va a ser instalado el servicio.
    Realizar el pago avanzado de la Instalación del servicio solicitado (si aplica).
    Claro - República Dominicana

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Claro are clowns controlling a phonecompany.

In civilization they would have been out of business before the first salary were handed out.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They are contracts and terrible !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast