My inversor just died

And there my old inversor died.! Just bought 4 new batteries, and had it repaired. (!)

It seems i have to purchase a new one tomorrow. Someone who lives down here that can recommend me a seller of quality inversors.? I am only interested in North coast adresses and phonenumbers.

No, no,no i am not going to repair it, such actions only drain my money to a local retard with (maybe) a roll of teipi and a screwdriver in his left pocket.

Gracias.

Alexis Inversores in Gaspar Hernandez across from the Tech College. He is an honest great guy who i just bought one of off and he didn't want to take the money till everything was working just right. ( We had electrical work to be done to the house)

Call Alexi himself his cell is 809-785-2591 if you have questions!

He also drove with us to PriceSmart to make sure we got our money back for our not working Washing Machine, he had no investment in it, just didn't want to see us new peeps getting screwed over.

We have known him since we got here 5 months ago, since he also dealt with our garage opener machine thingy and has fixed our other Inversor.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Megatone

<dl id="yui_3_4_1_1_1372022940059_1150" class="details"><dt>Work Phone:</dt><dd id="yui_3_4_1_1_1372022940059_1149" class="icn yellow ymsg-mobile">809-261-5556</dd><dt>Work address:</dt><dd class="icn address">27 Febrero Esqina Juan Lafy , Puerto Plata
</dd><dt>Notes:</dt><dd>Same inverters as Inverluz in Moca, Repairs and sell Inverters in Puerto Plata.

They can almost certainly find the real problem with your inverter
</dd></dl>

Feb 7, 2007
If you have an issue, it may be a small one, and much cheaper to repair than to replace. The two most expensive things in an inverter are: the mainbaord, and the transformator core. A third (not so expensive) but important part is the potency board. Almost anything in the inverter can be repaired. Even some parts of the mainboard can be repaired. For example, my inverter did not come on one time. A friend of mine who knows this stuff, came over, and in 5 minutes it was resolved. It was a stuck relay switch, which costs about 150 pesos. He unstuck it and suggested I buy a new relay and he would come and install it. he even cut the frontplate with the relay part number so I could go get one. If you deal with people who know the stuff, it's much cheaper to repair than to replace. Most inverter seller stores will also do repairs.

The most likely thing that went wrong was either the potency card's chips got burnt and need to be replaced, or the main card went wrong (maybe can be replaced maybe not). Juan Reyes in Santo Domingo manufactures very advanced inverter cards with UPS capabilities for about 2000 pesos.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
4 batteries... a 2.5 would be enought.
Check at Ochoa Or bellon the Pure Sine wave by Fondeur (Elit Model) They are black.
That's the top quality on the DR market.
Pure Sine wave protect all your valuale equipment.

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
I would never repair an Inversor again in the DR. I have done this several times and at the end he was never working like a new one. If you confront the Maestro with that you get always the same answer. Here the equimpment was working perfect. It must be your fault!
If I have that situation again I will sell the default one and buy a new one.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would never repair an Inversor again in the DR. I have done this several times and at the end he was never working like a new one. If you confront the Maestro with that you get always the same answer. Here the equimpment was working perfect. It must be your fault!
If I have that situation again I will sell the default one and buy a new one.

Your problem is not in getting the inverter repaired, but with who you are using to do the repairs. Inverters can easily be repaired properly and for far less expense than getting a new one. Inverluz in Moca is very good at repairing inverters.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Your problem is not in getting the inverter repaired, but with who you are using to do the repairs. Inverters can easily be repaired properly and for far less expense than getting a new one. Inverluz in Moca is very good at repairing inverters.

the things are electronic..they have no moving parts to wear out. anything that goes bad can be replaced. if some nitwit repairs it, you will have problems, but any reputable tradesman can fix the thing.

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
...any reputable tradesman ...
That is exactly the problem to get to that one in place. I used professional expensive one's and less expensive ones, but always they fix it and after some weeks the problem is back or more problems are back.
The most expensive one I used was so professional that he changed the way of charging and then the batteries where damaged as well.
That is like lottery. And I will not play that game again....and for sure it depends as well on the type of Inversor you are using.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That is exactly the problem to get to that one in place. I used professional expensive one's and less expensive ones, but always they fix it and after some weeks the problem is back or more problems are back.
The most expensive one I used was so professional that he changed the way of charging and then the batteries where damaged as well.
That is like lottery. And I will not play that game again....and for sure it depends as well on the type of Inversor you are using.

i must say you have a point there, and i cannot blame you.

the basic problem with Dominican tradesmen , in general, is that they do not know how things actually work. they can troubleshoot problems, and repair them, but they cannot fix them. if you bring a device in with a blown resistor, they can figure out where the resistor dropped, and put in a new one, which will render the machine operational again. what they never attend to is WHY did the resistor fail in the first place. something upstream produced the excess voltage, and that is where they fall short.

i have always wanted to buy a pair of raw speakers here, and make an enclosure. if you buy a raw driver in the US, they give you a sheet with it, which is a spec sheet. it has certain electrical parameters, which you plug into set formulae, in order to know things like what size to make the cabinet. it is a precision operation, without which your speaker will sound like crap. no seller of speakers here has ever heard of the sheet, so guys cobble wood together, and make speakers. they do not know how the things work!!

Sep 4, 2012
i must say you have a point there, and i cannot blame you.

the basic problem with Dominican tradesmen , in general, is that they do not know how things actually work. they can troubleshoot problems, and repair them, but they cannot fix them. if you bring a device in with a blown resistor, they can figure out where the resistor dropped, and put in a new one, which will render the machine operational again. what they never attend to is WHY did the resistor fail in the first place. something upstream produced the excess voltage, and that is where they fall short.

i have always wanted to buy a pair of raw speakers here, and make an enclosure. if you buy a raw driver in the US, they give you a sheet with it, which is a spec sheet. it has certain electrical parameters, which you plug into set formulae, in order to know things like what size to make the cabinet. it is a precision operation, without which your speaker will sound like crap. no seller of speakers here has ever heard of the sheet, so guys cobble wood together, and make speakers. they do not know how the things work!!

LOL

What an oxymoron. In the USA anything that breaks, you'd be better off just purchasing a new because one would never find a place to get the item repaired or the repairs will surpass the price to pay for a new one. At least in the DR labor is dirt cheap.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
LOL

What an oxymoron. In the USA anything that breaks, you'd be better off just purchasing a new because one would never find a place to get the item repaired or the repairs will surpass the price to pay for a new one. At least in the DR labor is dirt cheap.

it all depends. labor is expensive in the USA, but you get what you pay for. i bought a pair of high end headphones, and one channel dropped after the first week. it came with a one year guarantee. took it to some Dominican "tecnico", and he gave it back to me, working. an hour later, it quit. so, i called the manufacturer and they told me to get it back to them. gave it to my buddy, and he took it back to the States. it is now fixed, and i will have it when it comes next week.

it took the scenic route, but now i know it will work, because it was fixed by someone who understands the device.

Well dear members of the board. Thank you all for your different opinions on my frustrating problem. And thank you for the names and numbers. I appreciate them all.
I will try to have another- and last look at this Inversor. If it is not working now, then i will get another one.

I will also keep you all updated. (sjiish Dont laugh)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Those types of situations happen to me almost on a daily basis. I can't begin to remember all of the times I've had things fixed that were not fixable, according to the manufacturer.

Where else can you get any type of small appliance fixed, no matter what's wrong with it? Pumps, inverters, or just about anything that would cost more to fix than it does to replace. That doesn't happen very often here. Just about ANYTHING here can be fixed.

where else? try Cuba.

Now i have just repaired the Inversor for the last time. If it has just one tiny problem more- then i will change it with one of the others i have been offered both thru your answers and PMs.

Thank you all. Very nice of you to try and assist me in my need.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Dude I don't blame you. I couldn't tell you how many times I've had my inverter "repaired" only for it to be not working a sometime later...oh and its ALWAYS the batteries are getting too much charge, or too little charge, or, or, or...I've never had batteries last more than two years including when I bought them real expensive ones (supposedly the best) yet they were fried less than two years later. I'm so tired of it my next trip I'll be buying a small inverter (one that can take two batteries) and ditch my old one (3.5 KW that needs batteries in sets of four minimum).

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Buy a Trace/Xantrex inverter and you will never have an issue.

Bought a Trace DR3624 15+yrs ago and have NEVER had a problem with it. All maintenance done by myself... on the batteries... only maint. the inverter needs is a dusting every once in a while.

First set of batteries (16), only lasted me about 2 1/2 yrs.... I was new to the "no hay luz" game and didnt understand the importance of pairing a quality inverter with quality batteries (trojan t-105s). Plus I was an idiot that needed A/C during the apagones.

Second set of batts (8) lasted almost 10 yrs. Now im on my 3rd set of batts (4), and they have been going strong for almost 5 yrs.

Save yourself the headache, buy a Trace inverter with Trojan T-105 batteries and your headaches will be minimal.