Talking coffee again

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Anyone out there that is using single serve coffee machines?Such as Keurig or Tassimo? If so,what tupes of coffee".are you using???
Bob

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we have de longhi coffee machine.
a9vmv4.jpg

works with normal coffee or pods. we have not tried pods yet, maybe we will buy some in the UK or poland. we did not want the machine working only with pods, that's too expensive, seeing i have 4 coffees a day or so.

we use monte real or monte alta.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
We have a couple of Keurig's (one at the big house and one at my ranch) and use local Dominican coffee. We use a solocup (Solofill Cup, Refillable Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Red: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food) and just spoon in the coffee. No waste and no excessive cost such as the $.50 / cup from the pods.

On a related note, I would dearly love to locate a place on the north coast to obtain some of the Spirit Mountain coffee from the Jarabacoa area.
I have the same as well as a tassimo Like their capuccino.
I found santo domingo in a kcup,just ordered some.I have a sologrind also that grinds beans and deposits in solocup.
I like dunkin donut kvups too,as well as starbucks coffee.
I try them all,but am finding grinding beans the best.
Bob
U

Sam Wilson

Nov 3, 2012
www.samwilson.com
I brought down a Saeco Coffee Magic..... Grinds the beans and brews a cup of the size you want... Love it.... I like my coffee strong.. Having a hard time finding Santo Domingo Expresso that is not already ground....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I brought down a Saeco Coffee Magic..... Grinds the beans and brews a cup of the size you want... Love it.... I like my coffee strong.. Having a hard time finding Santo Domingo Expresso that is not already ground....

We have a Saeco Vienna Plus [our Italia died] that does the same thing. You should be able to find roasted beans in any major supermarket in DR, it says 'en grano' on the bag. You should easily find Cafe Santo Domingo beans, but we like Monte Alto beans better. Try those if you can find them.

Morenito0211

Dec 18, 2009
We have a Saeco Vienna Plus [our Italia died] that does the same thing. You should be able to find roasted beans in any major supermarket in DR, it says 'en grano' on the bag. You should easily find Cafe Santo Domingo beans, but we like Monte Alto beans better. Try those if you can find them.

I keep reading about this Monte Alto coffee and now I want to try it. Can you get it here in Jersey?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I keep reading about this Monte Alto coffee and now I want to try it. Can you get it here in Jersey?

I've never seen it in NJ. You live near me don't you? If you want to try it, send me a PM. I have beans, and I might have a bag of ground mixed in there.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
with all the good coffee you can get in Jersy ,why would you want dominican coffee ?

Good coffee in Jersey? Where???

Sometimes I find some oddball beans at Marshall's, and some of those are pretty good, but it's a crap shoot. You never know what you'll find, and rarely the same brand twice.

Morenito0211

Dec 18, 2009
Very nice of you...thanks!!!! My brother is actually going there this weekend, will tell him to bring me some. Thanks for the offer :classic:

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
I got a Keurig for Christmas with a big variety box of Kcups... and was using the refillable adapter cup with Cafe Santo Domingo, However I love the taste of strong brewed coffee and I find the Keurig doesn't brew it long enough because it just basically runs the water right through the little cup.... .... I have now reverted back to making our coffee in an espresso pot on the stove.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I got a Keurig for Christmas with a big variety box of Kcups... and was using the refillable adapter cup with Cafe Santo Domingo, However I love the taste of strong brewed coffee and I find the Keurig doesn't brew it long enough because it just basically runs the water right through the little cup.... .... I have now reverted back to making our coffee in an espresso pot on the stove.

I agree Shiraz. Where ya been??? Been awhile since you've posted.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Sam, yes they do.
I used to buy it at Supermercado National.
They will also grind any coffee beans you buy in the Deli area for free.
Shiraz, When I visit my sister in Boston,she has 3 Keurigs, I take DR coffee along.
I use the "small" cup setting.
I found that a "Lose Pack" of the coffee helps make a stronger cup.
Guess what???
It STILL can't equal what I use here in SD! :(:(:(
I have a dispenser that delivers me a perfect cup every morning at 8 am.
It's a "Suegramatica", or in English, a "Mother-In-Law Matic"!!!!
She uses a "Greca", and doesn't pack the coffee to firmly.
I think that lets the coffee, "see" more ground coffee.
I have 3 "Grecas" in Boston, one at each family's house!
It's the only way!
I even have a "French Press" in SD,that I am too lazy to use myself, and would probably last about one "Brew" in the hands of a Dominican!
Just remember that a "Dominicana" can hit a running "Marido" at 50 feet with a "Greca"! :dead::dead::dead:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Does Santo Domingo make their Expresso un ground? I have yet to find any....

If you mean specifically the Espresso Roast, no, I've never found that en grano/in beans. That espresso is actually very good, much better than their regular coffee, but not all stores carry it.

They do sell both their regular coffee and Induban in beans [en grano].