Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Talking coffee again

Anyone out there that is using single serve coffee machines?Such as Keurig or Tassimo? If so,what tupes of coffee".are you using???
    Bob

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

we have de longhi coffee machine.

works with normal coffee or pods. we have not tried pods yet, maybe we will buy some in the UK or poland. we did not want the machine working only with pods, that's too expensive, seeing i have 4 coffees a day or so.

we use monte real or monte alta.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a couple of Keurig's (one at the big house and one at my ranch) and use local Dominican coffee. We use a solocup (Solofill Cup, Refillable Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Red: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food) and just spoon in the coffee. No waste and no excessive cost such as the $.50 / cup from the pods.

On a related note, I would dearly love to locate a place on the north coast to obtain some of the Spirit Mountain coffee from the Jarabacoa area.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Castellamonte View Post
    We have a couple of Keurig's (one at the big house and one at my ranch) and use local Dominican coffee. We use a solocup (Solofill Cup, Refillable Cup For Keurig K-Cup Brewers, Red: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food) and just spoon in the coffee. No waste and no excessive cost such as the $.50 / cup from the pods.

On a related note, I would dearly love to locate a place on the north coast to obtain some of the Spirit Mountain coffee from the Jarabacoa area.
    I have the same as well as a tassimo Like their capuccino.
    I found santo domingo in a kcup,just ordered some.I have a sologrind also that grinds beans and deposits in solocup.
    I like dunkin donut kvups too,as well as starbucks coffee.
    I try them all,but am finding grinding beans the best.
    Bob
    U

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I brought down a Saeco Coffee Magic..... Grinds the beans and brews a cup of the size you want... Love it.... I like my coffee strong.. Having a hard time finding Santo Domingo Expresso that is not already ground....

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Wilson View Post
    I brought down a Saeco Coffee Magic..... Grinds the beans and brews a cup of the size you want... Love it.... I like my coffee strong.. Having a hard time finding Santo Domingo Expresso that is not already ground....
    We have a Saeco Vienna Plus [our Italia died] that does the same thing. You should be able to find roasted beans in any major supermarket in DR, it says 'en grano' on the bag. You should easily find Cafe Santo Domingo beans, but we like Monte Alto beans better. Try those if you can find them.

Admin
    DR1.com

7. Likes Sam Wilson liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    We have a Saeco Vienna Plus [our Italia died] that does the same thing. You should be able to find roasted beans in any major supermarket in DR, it says 'en grano' on the bag. You should easily find Cafe Santo Domingo beans, but we like Monte Alto beans better. Try those if you can find them.
    I keep reading about this Monte Alto coffee and now I want to try it. Can you get it here in Jersey?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morenito0211 View Post
    I keep reading about this Monte Alto coffee and now I want to try it. Can you get it here in Jersey?
    I've never seen it in NJ. You live near me don't you? If you want to try it, send me a PM. I have beans, and I might have a bag of ground mixed in there.

Admin
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

with all the good coffee you can get in Jersy ,why would you want dominican coffee ?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monfongo View Post
    with all the good coffee you can get in Jersy ,why would you want dominican coffee ?
    Good coffee in Jersey? Where???

Sometimes I find some oddball beans at Marshall's, and some of those are pretty good, but it's a crap shoot. You never know what you'll find, and rarely the same brand twice.

Admin
    DR1.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast