Sending postcards from the DR

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
How do I send a postcard from the DR to Europe? Are there stamps for sale in stores selling postcards or do I need to go to the post office for this? Is the Dominican postal system reliable?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i sent some cards, bought stamps in a post office. some reached poland after few weeks. other took few months, some never arrived.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I wouldn't bother sending post cards from here.
I've sent couple of dozens, I first visited here. I thought it eventually get there but out of couple of dozen only three got there.

AlyssaGilles

Jun 22, 2013
I think email is the best way to communicate with him, it's fast. Using post card may take time anyway it's all your decision you can use postcard for this purpose, you can get post stamps from any post office.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I think email is the best way to communicate with him, it's fast. Using post card may take time anyway it's all your decision you can use postcard for this purpose, you can get post stamps from any post office.

Have you ever been to a post office in DR?

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
i sent some cards, bought stamps in a post office. some reached poland after few weeks. other took few months, some never arrived.

how much it costed ? for one card ? and when ?
somebody in post office told me that it cost 1,000 pesos or over to send letter from here to Europe....

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
postcard? This is so XX century...
Why would you do that?
It's the beauty of gloating in to those that are stuck in rat race or those that are going through horrible weather. I know we now have Facebook and twitter for that but still, just few years back it was 'romantic thing' to send a actual letter postmarked from the country that they are indulging/enjoying.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how much it costed ? for one card ? and when ?
somebody in post office told me that it cost 1,000 pesos or over to send letter from here to Europe....

it was years ago. and then again about 3 years ago i sent a bunch of cards written by my guests. stamps were maybe 50 pesos each. not expensive at all.
this 1000 pesos is probably to send a certified letter, i think...

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
postcard? This is so XX century...
Why would you do that?

Western Europe is behind the times in many regards. No air conditioning, no credit cards, stores closing early and not open on Sundays, no clothes dryers, no ice in drinks, insufficiently cooled beer, etc.

curious29

Sep 20, 2012
yes it is probably
it was years ago. and then again about 3 years ago i sent a bunch of cards written by my guests. stamps were maybe 50 pesos each. not expensive at all.
this 1000 pesos is probably to send a certified letter, i think...

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
I have sent postcards a few times, and they always arrive to their destination, though you'll probably arrive back home well before the card does!

Last time I sent to Portugal, the card took 6 weeks to get there! But the time before, it was only about 2 weeks for cards to get to US, Spain and Portugal, so it will depend. You can buy postage at the post office only, and they will take it from there. The Dominican stamps are quite pretty, so for those who like stamps, they would probably love getting a card mailed from here! Can't recall the price, but about $2 us dollars or so per card, so not cheap!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am getting old, and I need a place to live.
I am looking for a "Home" where old people can live, and get help when needed,any ideas???
It feels like I took a nap one day, and woke up an old man.
Rip Van Winkle

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
Cards are normally in 2 to 3 weeks in Europe and cost appr. 1€. Go to a post Office and pay there directly.