Haiti outsorcing electricity from DR

Sep 4, 2012
This one is to LOL. The story below found on the DR news home page.

[h=3]Haiti wants to buy DR electricity[/h] Haiti is interested in purchasing energy from the Dominican Republic, using a Spanish company as the intermediary. According to El Nuevo Diario, the crisis currently affecting Haiti's State Electricity Company (EDH), which owes its private suppliers US$65 million, has led one of the suppliers, E Power, to suspend the supply of 29 megawatts to the system. The EDH also has to pay for electricity from three generators that were installed in the country by Venezuela.

Haitian newspaper Le Nouvelliste says that the director general of the EDH, Andress Appolon recently visited the Dominican Republic to begin discussions for sourcing power in the Dominican Republic.

The Dominican Republic does not have an energy surplus.

No kidding!

Sep 4, 2012
Let's ban what they've plenty of, and allow us to outsource what isn't available. Pinky and the Brain conversation there....

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
I don't post very often but as a property owner in POP I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. The DR should tell Haiti to pound sand. So they want to buy electric, what are they going to pay with, their good looks? They owe everybody and their uncle, looks like they are running out of suckers.
After the BS with the eggs and chickens, I'd cut them no slack. Since they think the Dominican product is garbage, it's only fitting they keep paying higher prices for US eggs and genetically engineered chickens.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't post very often but as a property owner in POP I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. The DR should tell Haiti to pound sand. So they want to buy electric, what are they going to pay with, their good looks? They owe everybody and their uncle, looks like they are running out of suckers.
After the BS with the eggs and chickens, I'd cut them no slack. Since they think the Dominican product is garbage, it's only fitting they keep paying higher prices for US eggs and genetically engineered chickens.

i don't want to spoil your fun, Jerry, but the DR owes everybody, and their uncle, too.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Deviate,
yes let them have the quality product call _ BLACK OUTS. I am sure they could be exported !

Gorgon - that would be Uncle SAM ???

Olly and the Team

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Is this a sad commentary on the state of affairs. How could Haiti be so stupid as to not know the DR cannot supply itself?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know there is money to be made on this, somewhere. but my straight and plain mind cannot comprehend it. you need a twisted mind of comesolo politician to figure that out.

Sep 4, 2012
Is this a sad commentary on the state of affairs. How could Haiti be so stupid as to not know the DR cannot supply itself?

The exact same reason they rather overpay for eggs and chickens rather that getting it right across their own border. They are not the smartest bunch.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The exact same reason they rather overpay for eggs and chickens rather that getting it right across their own border. They are not the smartest bunch.

Wishing You Well, Haiti is a country that is owned by a few families, like the Brandts, for example. they have untold wealth, and influence. do you really believe they care if the man in the street has to pay more for eggs?they are making money on this gambit, trust me. they are feeling no pain. they cut off Dominican supply in order to make money by importing from another source. that is all there is to it. it has nothing to do with disease, which is a low grade ruse.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Wishing You Well, Haiti is a country that is owned by a few families, like the Brandts, for example. they have untold wealth, and influence. do you really believe they care if the man in the street has to pay more for eggs?they are making money on this gambit, trust me. they are feeling no pain. they cut off Dominican supply in order to make money by importing from another source. that is all there is to it. it has nothing to do with disease, which is a low grade ruse.

Which is why Haiti will not really prosper much when a family can dominate an entire country and there isn't anybody within the population with the ovaries of the likes of Nuria Piera or Las Hermanas Mirabal.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Which is why Haiti will not really prosper much when a family can dominate an entire country and there isn't anybody within the population with the ovaries of the likes of Nuria Piera or Las Hermanas Mirabal.

ovaries do not help much when the other guy has military assets. you might make for a heartwrenching headline, but you are still as dead as Julius Caesar.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Pichardo is saying I told you so LOL. You know if anyone is looking to the DR for power they are so effed up its useless.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
If the deal goes through expect more blackouts(one side of the island lit while the other side in total darkness). Living in the "dark ages" will be the new way of life.:rolleyes:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i bow to the genius of selling something that does not exist. next step is teen mom farrah abraham selling her backdoor virginity.