Wave skis for sale

B J

Feb 20, 2013
is there any surf shop that carries wave skis /surf ski for sale.
Preferably north coast sosua/pop/cabarete
So there isnt any confusion about what a wave ski or surf ski is, i have included a link below
In Stock Waveskis - Ready to Ship

if anyone knows where i can purchase a ski that can sustain a max weight of 110kg-115kg
price???
thanks

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
they look very cool, especially for geezers like me for whom it's a little late to learn to surf. I used to have a little surf kayak, but these look much better.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
I was looking at a wave kayak from Savannah Canoe and Kayak, Savannah, Georgia. The owner knew what he was talking about. (Nevr did get one- ended up doing a lot of paddleboarding.) Yes, not in the DR, but I could not find DR sales of kayaks. They have a few surf skis. Shipping really is not so bad to the DR. Was it around $$200?? The waiting period was the worst thing. -----Savannah Canoe and Kayak: RTM Slide Master

B J

Feb 20, 2013
I was looking at a wave kayak from Savannah Canoe and Kayak, Savannah, Georgia. The owner knew what he was talking about. (Nevr did get one- ended up doing a lot of paddleboarding.) Yes, not in the DR, but I could not find DR sales of kayaks. They have a few surf skis. Shipping really is not so bad to the DR. Was it around $$200?? The waiting period was the worst thing. -----Savannah Canoe and Kayak: RTM Slide Master

what about stand up paddle boards i know these are very popular now
here is alink if you are unclear as to what i mean
DMB Stand Up Paddle Boards Australia | About Us

i wished i could find these types of surfcraft in the DR

latitude19

May 29, 2011
They sell paddleboards a few places in Cabarete. I bought a Naish 10 foot board from the place next to the Laser Sailing Center, CARIB WIND. Carib Wind Cabarete - Cabarete & Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic The employees are not very knowledgable, however you can demo boards. There is a new store in town I have never been to in Cabarete that also has boards, I believe. It is more towards the West side of town. There is a guy (John- he is kind of intense) on the inland side of the road at a place called METHOD LODGE: Tours – Method Lodge Cabarete | Dominican Republic He rents paddleboards and sells paddles- I am not sure if he sells paddleboards. (Remember that out in the ocean is much different than in the lagoon. Much more difficult!!) Maybe best to rent a few to see what works. At 115 kg, my personal opinion is that you need a bigger board- 12 feet and 30 or 32 inches wide.

B J

Feb 20, 2013
They sell paddleboards a few places in Cabarete. I bought a Naish 10 foot board from the place next to the Laser Sailing Center, CARIB WIND. Carib Wind Cabarete - Cabarete & Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic The employees are not very knowledgable, however you can demo boards. There is a new store in town I have never been to in Cabarete that also has boards, I believe. It is more towards the West side of town. There is a guy (John- he is kind of intense) on the inland side of the road at a place called METHOD LODGE: Tours ? Method Lodge Cabarete | Dominican Republic He rents paddleboards and sells paddles- I am not sure if he sells paddleboards. (Remember that out in the ocean is much different than in the lagoon. Much more difficult!!) Maybe best to rent a few to see what works. At 115 kg, my personal opinion is that you need a bigger board- 12 feet and 30 or 32 inches wide.

many thanks
for ur help
prices??? for 12 ft board............ ballpark . i suspect about 1kUS

latitude19

May 29, 2011
The new shop in Cabarete I mentioned in a previous post only sells surfboards, unfortunately. I think Carib Wind may be the only place to buy in Cabarete.

I think I paid 1300 for my Naish 10 ft. I believe the 12 foot boards that they had at the time were a bit less. Paddles are super expensive for a good, light one- somewhere around $350 to 400. I couldn't bear to spend that much initially, so I bought a cheaper adjustable paddle. I ended up buying a one piece paddle at a later date. They are worth it, (if you do a lot of paddling) and they won't sink if you lose them while surfing.