BanReservas Monthly Fees Question

LeeStetson

Jan 11, 2012
Hello:

I opened a BanReservas deposit account in April of 2011 and deposited 500 pesos in the account which is a small amount. I assume that they may have a monthly fee of 20 pesos per month.

I can not access the account online and do not speak Spanish so it is very hard for me to know what is in the account now since I am not in the D.R. right now.

If there is not a monthly fee on such an account please tell me or if there is a greater fee than this per month please inform me of that also.

I need this information within the next 8 hours.

Thanks, Lee Stetson

RGLRM

Jun 25, 2013
Sorry for the late reply but I have a savings account with them that they take 25 pesos a month from the first week of the month.

LeeStetson

Jan 11, 2012
Sorry for the late reply but I have a savings account with them that they take 25 pesos a month from the first week of the month.

Dear RGLRM:

I hate to impose upon you, but I am many miles from the D.R. and it could be years before I return again. I have a couple of bank accounts in the D.R. and one of them is at BanReservas.

I do not speak Spanish so it is almost impossible to find out the answers to the questions I seek.

I had a very small amount in BanReservas, and I would like to know if they keep adding the monthly account fee on your bank record statements if there is no money in the account? I am too far away to close the account, and I would hate to see them adding monthly fee upon monthly fee for years so that someday they expect me to pay them for fees on an account that was not closed down.

Does anyone have any solid information about if they stop adding fees if the bank account has nothing in it, or do they keep on adding fees because the account has not been closed?

Thanks

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Dear RGLRM:

I hate to impose upon you, but I am many miles from the D.R. and it could be years before I return again. I have a couple of bank accounts in the D.R. and one of them is at BanReservas.

I do not speak Spanish so it is almost impossible to find out the answers to the questions I seek.

I had a very small amount in BanReservas, and I would like to know if they keep adding the monthly account fee on your bank record statements if there is no money in the account? I am too far away to close the account, and I would hate to see them adding monthly fee upon monthly fee for years so that someday they expect me to pay them for fees on an account that was not closed down.

Does anyone have any solid information about if they stop adding fees if the bank account has nothing in it, or do they keep on adding fees because the account has not been closed?

Thanks

Each bank has their own rules about it, Banco Popular Keep adding the fee and if you do not close it they save you the bill for the moment when you go back and try to open another account or activate the same you have they tell you owe money to them from an opened and negative balance.

My sugestion is to try to contact some body here, give your acct number and go to the bank and tell in customer service that he has the account number of a friend that is living out of the country and want to know if the acct has negative balance as they charge monthly fee of 25.00. If has negative balance you better make a deposit money to the account so next time you come you can close it.