Let the season begin

tim c

May 3, 2007
On the north coast this is the start of the crime season. I think I may be the victim of the pettiest crime in the country. I stopped in a hardware store to get a new battery for my moto. I left the nuts and bolts in the rings that connect to the battery. When I came out a man, yes an adult, was running from my bike and hopped on his moto. I ran down to give chase but stopped when a brief exam of my bike showed nothing was missing but the nuts and bolts. Can anyone beat that ??? I guess about a total of10 pesos.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
On the north coast this is the start of the crime season. I think I may be the victim of the pettiest crime in the country. I stopped in a hardware store to get a new battery for my moto. I left the nuts and bolts in the rings that connect to the battery. When I came out a man, yes an adult, was running from my bike and hopped on his moto. I ran down to give chase but stopped when a brief exam of my bike showed nothing was missing but the nuts and bolts. Can anyone beat that ??? I guess about a total of10 pesos.

why am i not surprised? guys here steal things which they cannot even identify. they do not know what it is, or its purpose, but it can be moved, so they just steal it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
(...) nothing was missing but the nuts and bolts. Can anyone beat that ??? I guess about a total of10 pesos.

one day we opened the pharmacy, it has those rolled down metal doors with three padlocks plus the key. what we normally did was open the door and close padlocks on the metal hooks built into the stairs. so one day we opened, entered the pharmacy, started computers and so on, then remember the locks. literally one minute. go outside, all padlocks stolen. sans key. wtf would they be used for without the key? sold for scrap? for what, few pesos?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
one day we opened the pharmacy, it has those rolled down metal doors with three padlocks plus the key. what we normally did was open the door and close padlocks on the metal hooks built into the stairs. so one day we opened, entered the pharmacy, started computers and so on, then remember the locks. literally one minute. go outside, all padlocks stolen. sans key. wtf would they be used for without the key? sold for scrap? for what, few pesos?

the geniuses felt that you would not be able to lock up at closing time, so they would come back in the night and rob the joint.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They were hoping that you wouldn't buy new padlocks, and they could break in that night.
When I was head of security at CEDIMAT, some of my agents brought a 13 year old boy into my office.
He was caught stealing :bandit::bandit::bandit:in a laboratory.
"STUFF" that he had no idea of what they were, and could never use.
As they walked him in, he immediately began to check out my office, and especially my desk.
He started picking things up and looking at them.
He actually put a pen in his pocket.
He said he came to visit his "Sick Father",( Yet ANOTHER "Use of the "Sick Relative" story)
Who's name he didn't know, because he only called him "Papi"!
I told my guys to take his picture, and "Teach Him A LESSON"
If I had turned him over to the police, his punishment would have been MUCH worse!
I did the kid a HUGE favor.
Who says I hate Dominicans??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, we figured that out... but it was a morning of a normal weekday so we bought new locks immediately. we even carried some spare ones later on, just in case...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They were hoping that you wouldn't buy new padlocks, and they could break in that night.
When I was head of security at CEDIMAT, some of my agents brought a 13 year old boy into my office.
He was caught stealing :bandit::bandit::bandit:in a laboratory.
"STUFF" that he had no idea of what they were, and could never use.
As they walked him in, he immediately began to check out my office, and especially my desk.
He started picking things up and looking at them.
He actually put a pen in his pocket.
He said he came to visit his "Sick Father",( Yet ANOTHER "Use of the "Sick Relative" story)
Who's name he didn't know, because he only called him "Papi"!
I told my guys to take his picture, and "Teach Him A LESSON"
If I had turned him over to the police, his punishment would have been MUCH worse!
I did the kid a HUGE favor.
Who says I hate Dominicans??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dominicans love pens, I don't know why. I've brought untold numbers of different items to DR, and the nice pens are always snatched up with glee. I don't get the fascination.

Dominicans love pens, I don't know why. I've brought untold numbers of different items to DR, and the nice pens are always snatched up with glee. I don't get the fascination.

Not much beats a nice Pen!
When i was a teenager, i took our waitresses pen b/c it was really nice. She came out and started running after our car all b/c of this Pen!

I didn't know it was the start of Crime Season? I thought that was more at Xmas??