Canada Day In Sosua June 30

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]On Sunday, June 30 Canada Day will be celebrated in Sos?a. Sos?a houses a large number of residents and regular visitors from Canada who think it is appropriate to celebrate Canada Day. Sunday June 30 the Canada Day Street Fair will be held in the street Pedro Clisante. From noon until 11 PM the street will be closed for traffic and all kinds of activities take place. There will be activities and games for children. In addition, a market, a fishing game and a Craft Show take place. The afternoon is for the entire family. Among other things, the dance school of Emily Watson provides a number of performances. In the evening you can enjoy the terraces in the street and performances by the band 'The Dropouts'. The event is organized by Club Canada RD with the cooperation of various bars and restaurants in the street.[/h]

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Good time and a fun evening. The band was a great break from the usual head pounding music of the street scene.

What ever happened to closing the street from Friday night to Sunday morning (just those two blocks). If my old age memory serves me correctly this was supposed to start in November? It would be great to have the restaurants set out tables and such in front of their establishments and set up a "Pedestrian mall" . The boys and the girls who are into a different agenda will still have an open street at the end where all the "special" bars are.

Bob K

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Update On Canada Day In Sosua

From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]Sunday 30 June, in the main street Pedro Clisante, 'Canada Day' was celebrated again. The street was closed to traffic. In the afternoon there was a flea market, children's play area with bouncy castle, a Craft Show and a performance by the dance school 'Emily Watson' and a performance by the band 'The Dropouts'.[/h] [h=5]Canada Day[/h]
[h=5]Canada Day[/h] [h=5]Especially at bar / restaurant 'Jolly Rogers' and restaurant 'Tipico Alberto' it was fairly busy, but that makes sense because Jolly Rogers is the favorite bar of Canadians. Unfortunately it was not that busy in the street, which was a shame as it deserved better, but still, it was a very nice street party. The event was organized by Club Canada RD with the cooperation of various businesses in the street.[/h]

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm guessing the guy in the middle with sunglasses, silver hair is windeguy? :)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No idea now. The guy at the back doing sound check or keyboards?

I give, tell me who the guys in the band are please

Ken on the left on lead guitar, Robby with tropical ****e (silver hair playing 12 string acoustic), Konstantin in red shirt playing bass guitar,
Windeguy (me) with black shirt with white stripe playing keyboards visible between Robby and Konstantin, and Steve on drums (not visible in the picture)

07-03_canada_2.jpg

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Is that Ken from dr1 rockin' like Jimmy Page?
Those are nice looking JBL bins.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good stuff. You should make a little video and post it here so we can hear your band :)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is that Ken from dr1 rockin' like Jimmy Page?
Those are nice looking JBL bins.

No, not the same Ken as on DR1.

This past weekend on Friday we "closed" the Coaches Corner on Friday, sad to see that go since we played their for 2 years. Hopefully the new business there will like live music. Saturday we played at Kahuna's on the beach in Cabarete and Sunday at Canada Day back in Sosua. We look forward to more gigs in Sosua and Cabarete in the future.

Those JBL's go back a long way as do the BOSE 800's on top of them that I use for side fill monitors.