Three Gringos Arrested for Solicitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dominican papers are reporting that "three gringos" were arrested on Jimenez Moya [Churchill] near the malecon in Santo Domingo for soliciting prostitutes. The papers are only identifying them by their initials.

Some Dominicans are angry because if they're arrested their names are published, but the 'gringos' are being protected.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i scrolled again through diario libre, hoy, listin diario, el nacional and even el caribe and i have not seen anything about that, can you provide a link?
they may be only known by initials because they did not have papers and no one understood their names. maybe they are all polish? ;)

[video=youtube;GlOoSsfU6cM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlOoSsfU6cM[/video]

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
i scrolled again through diario libre, hoy, listin diario, el nacional and even el caribe and i have not seen anything about that, can you provide a link?
they may be only known by initials because they did not have papers and no one understood their names. maybe they are all polish? ;)

[video=youtube;GlOoSsfU6cM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlOoSsfU6cM[/video]

LMAO! Good one dv8!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
[h=3]Los turistas identificados como J.A.M., W.D.L., y D.J.M.A.B[/h]The men were identified by their initials. That last one must be a doozie of a long name!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
"Los turistas identificados como J.A.M., W.D.L., y D.J.M.A.B"

JAM, WDL and DJ-MAB...hmmm.. They were probably looking for models for their next rap videoclip.

"
El Procurador General de la Rep?blica, Francisco Dom?nguez Brito, pidi? al Ministerio de Turismo advertir a los turistas, que deben abstenerse de cualquier comportamiento que implique apoyo, soporte, complicidad o convivencia con centros de prostituci?n, explotaci?n sexual o proxenetismo."

So, they are sending to jail anyone who shows a behavior that implies support or complicity with prostitution centers, sexual exploitation or pimping. I don't know how freelance hookers on malecon fit into these categories. This guy Dominguez is out of his mind.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I agree with you Castle. I'm having visions of him trying this in Sosua or Boca Chica.

J.A.M., W.D.L., y D.J.M.A.B .... are we missing any DR1 members???

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Some of the comments to the article are priceless:

Los turistas no pueden venis a coger cueros, pero los sacerdotes si pueden venir a violar ni?o

(Tourists can't come down here to f**k hookers, but priests are free to f**k children

cojan todas las prostitutas y ponganle el impuesto de circulacion y metanla en la categoria 2013, asi se ganan unos cuartos. Aqui hay mas cueros que carros.

(Get all hookers to pay the new car tax (marbete) and put them into the 2013 category, that way you make some money on the side. There are more hos than cars here)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i can just imagine this...
what is your name?
i'm a dj mighty adam brown, yo!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Last weekend, I think it was saturday night, I was driving east on the malecon. The usual herd of hookers was there in plain view. They wouldn't be if they knew there was anybody watching. I don't know if they are doing some high-tech, ultra-selective kind of investigation here.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Do Dominicans really get arrested for using prostitutes?

(With minors is another issue, which is where I think they should focus their efforts.)

Some Dominicans are angry because if they're arrested their names are published, but the 'gringos' are being protected

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Do Dominicans really get arrested for using prostitutes?

(With minors is another issue, which is where I think they should focus their efforts.)

I don't think they meant specifically being arrested for that - but in general when a Dominican is arrested his name is public knowledge. Seems there are different rules for foreigners.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Seems there are different rules for foreigners.

not really. i have never seen foreigners name presented in initials before. it's always full name. of course it is also badly misspelled so it's not likely to ever be a problem and pop out in google search if someone checks whether you ever cause trouble abroad...

Status
Not open for further replies.