Code does not punish therapeutic abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The Criminal Code will not punish abortion when required for medical reasons, meaning that an abortion may be performed legally whenever there is a compelling medical reason to end a pregnancy. .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How soon for on demand abortion to be legal?

With medically approved abortions now legal, who thinks it is just a matter of time before there is on demand abortion in the DR?

With the way laws are enforced here, the new law might be sufficient.

How did this law slip by "the church"?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
With medically approved abortions now legal, who thinks it is just a matter of time before there is on demand abortion in the DR?

With the way laws are enforced here, the new law might be sufficient.

You might need to brush up on that Spanish as anyone who helps a women have an abortion can go to prison for 10 years, including pharmacy workers who sell abortion inducing pills.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You might need to brush up on that Spanish as anyone who helps a women have an abortion can go to prison for 10 years, including pharmacy workers who sell abortion inducing pills.

You might want to brush up on your English and see what my question actually was. I understand what the current penalties are, buddy. Reading comprehension has never been a strong point of yours.

As for the laws in the DR, how many are really enforced? How difficult will it be now for medically necessary abortions to arise when "convenient" ?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You might want to brush up on your English and see what my question actually was. I understand what the current penalties are, buddy. Reading comprehension has never been a strong point of yours.

As for the laws in the DR, how many are really enforced? How difficult will it be now for medically necessary abortions to arise when "convenient" ?

You sound very hopeful.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

not in our lifetime. there was a public opposition to the therapeutic abortion law despite routine pharmaceutical abortions performed on daily basis. law will not change.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
there have always been abortions available here performed by doctors for women who have the money. The entire Society of OB GYNs was against the amendment to the Constitution. This simply puts the Doctors out of harm's way and allows them to be protected from legal consequences.

The more that legislators are out of this medical issue, the better it will be for women.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
At the expense of poor children? Try to remember that you are in the DR and a child in the womb of it's mother is still a child.

Try to remember that what a woman does with her body should be up to her and not you regardless of what country she lives in.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
even in DR a woman can make her choice and thousands do every day but bottom line it will not be made legal anytime soon. not even in the next 50 years.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It would be interesting to see the percentage of those who support the killing of children in their mother's womb who also promote a promiscuous lifestyle. I expect is would easily be more than 50% and probably over 90% of DR1'ers. That really takes the wind out of the "moral" abortion argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.