Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    406
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What is the best way to get 42" flat screen to santo domingo.

    Has anybody here done this?

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricky11 View Post
    buy it in santo domingo
    ^^ This, unless you already have it.
    A 42" LED goes for around US$1,000 in SD. If you ship it from abroad, it's probably going to cost you at least $200 in taxes, plus shipping, plus no warranty, plus the risk of DOA.

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    11,915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    ^^ This, unless you already have it.
    A 42" LED goes for around US$1,000 in SD. If you ship it from abroad, it's probably going to cost you at least $200 in taxes, plus shipping, plus no warranty, plus the risk of DOA.

    Best Buy is providing now extended warranties on your purchase that will be sent to the DR.

    I already bought some stuff, including a large screen TV that was sent to DR with said extended international warranty coverage from Best Buy.

    The biggest problem for somebody just looking to ship the TV by itself to the DR will be the cost of such shipping. From experience it's best to bundle it with other stuff and get a package deal from the local shippers to the DR. By itself the TV rates for door to door is too high, unless it's a sub 40" TV set.

    I always buy insurance for shipping damages when sending pricey stuff that can be damaged in the trip. It's worth it.

  4. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post
    Best Buy is providing now extended warranties on your purchase that will be sent to the DR.

    I already bought some stuff, including a large screen TV that was sent to DR with said extended international warranty coverage from Best Buy.
    Do you happen to know who provides service on behalf of Best Buy in RD? That information could make a difference.

  5. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
  6. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    11,915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Do you happen to know who provides service on behalf of Best Buy in RD? That information could make a difference.

    Only manufacturer's authorized service centers in the DR. Under a deal with Best Buy and the manufacturers, the original manufacturer's warranty is honored in the DR. Once the manufacturer's warranty stops or does not cover the damages/repair/parts, Best Buy warranty is also honored via the same authorized service centers. If the price of repairs (including parts) is deemed too high by Best Buy, they will refund your full price paid for the TV set, minus taxes and warranty fee.

    The manufacturer's warranty will be honored in the DR, even when the goods were bought outside the country and shipped to the DR from Best Buy.

    That's to say that the same warranty the retailers provide (manufacturer's) in the DR for the same TV set, will be equally honored for the TV set from Best Buy.

    They will have you contact the closest manufacturer's authorized repair center to you when you call them for service. That will depend on where in the DR you are with your stuff. They will issue a contact number and a service order number to have the TV set checked and the repair estimate provided to both, you and Best Buy (depending on the basis if the Best Buy warranty kicks in).

    I asked a lot of questions when they offered me the extended warranty thing as I purchased the TV set.

  7. Likes Castle liked this post
  8. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I purchased a 42" last year from American for 750.00 USD. Within a month the vertical motor in went and the TV was toast. I called American and it took about 10 days but they did give me another brand new TV under warranty. For the couple of bucks you might save up front I would suggest you buy electronics locally.
    Hope this helps

  9. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
  10. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    I purchased a 42" last year from American for 750.00 USD. Within a month the vertical motor in went and the TV was toast. I called American and it took about 10 days but they did give me another brand new TV under warranty. For the couple of bucks you might save up front I would suggest you buy electronics locally.
    Hope this helps
    That should be Americana (The hardware store)

  11. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,015
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenthedentman View Post
    Has anybody here done this?
    Is there a God ??
    That is another frequently asked question.


    Strap the TV to the wing.... ask the airline first, then book a 'wingside' seat...

  12. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    458
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    just stick a 19 inch in the carry on and call it a day thats what i did

  13. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    11,915
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Or better yet, buy a 39" 4k TV for $699 and make it worth the door to door charge. After all you don't need to disclose the brand/tech but the size of the screen and if used or new.



    Seiki 39" Class 4K 120Hz LED Ultra HDTV - SE39UY04 ENERGY STARŪ - TVs & Electronics - Televisions - All Flat Panel TVs




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •