A move from North to South

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
North Coast to South Coast. I am looking for recommendations from PC/Bavaro locals. I am thinking of moving my Father from the North Coast to a community/area where he can be around more or less total gringos(the next move is to a Assisted Living in the US).

I would like someplace where he can walk safely. I need find a 2br apt/condo where he can live with a caregiver and maybe safely go to some place to have a cup of coffee or the like. I have read many broker websites and all the variety of prices. We don't need luxury, just decent and safe and some convenience.

Feb 15, 2005
This is interesting, since as time goes by I can see such a assisted community as being a necessity in the DR in general.

RGM

Jun 5, 2010
I live in Cocatal, it is very secure....right on the golf course...plenty of places to walk, the only draw back is the necessity of needing transportation. I have a 2 bedroom 2 bath at 500.00 per month, no furniture...i had to buy mine....plus electricity...and water......let me know if you want the office phone number....

em in paradise

May 31, 2013
From what I've seen when I've been there, I think maybe the Grunwald complexes would be very close to what you're looking for. They are right next to the little plaza with a store, bakery, pharmacy etc. I have no idea what the cost would be, but I think it would be worth checking out. If you'd like to get more info on that area and other places that would be available, I know someone there who would be more than happy to help you out. Just so you know, she is not in real estate, just someone who helps when she can. PM me if you're interested, and I'll send you her information.