Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 106
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Motive for violent attacks against foreigners

    When European or American/Canadian foreigners are attacked in the DR, is the motive always financial (robbery)? Has anyone heard of any other types of attacks against western foreigners that are not financially related, such as for racial reasons or just for fun and posting them online (like the BS going on all the time now in cities like Chicago, Baltimore, etc.)?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    34,568
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alltimegreat View Post
    When European or American/Canadian foreigners are attacked in the DR, is the motive always financial (robbery)? Has anyone heard of any other types of attacks against western foreigners that are not financially related, such as for racial reasons or just for fun and posting them online (like the BS going on all the time now in cities like Chicago, Baltimore, etc.)?
    why don't you rack your brain and think of some of the other obvious reasons?

    here is one. i went to a supermarket in Santo Domingo once, with two American friends of mine. there was a rather stunning lady standing at the exit door, and one of my buddies wanted to go trying to pick her up. i told him to be careful, because not all Dominican women are waiting for some guy to come by and offer them some money for a little sack time. well, his response was that he had more money than any guy she could have been there with, and he headed in her direction. as soon as he started to try his play, hubby showed up, gun in waist.

    get the picture yet?

  3. Likes KJS73, fdttwin liked this post
  4. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if you are asking about violent attacks directed at people who do not speak any spanish, do not live in DR yet they inexplicably want to obtain dominican citizenship then the answer is no. of course it may be another story when true motives of such person come to light.

  5. Likes mountainannie liked this post
  6. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know of one guy who had his throat cut by his Haitian lover whom he had dumped without any sort of settlement after taking him all over the country for a year, to the finest hotels and restaurants and stuff. Just came home one day and told him to get out cause he was finished with him.

    That the sorta thing you mean?

    oh yeah, well, that coulda been financial.. they did steal the motorbike

    or perhaps money could have at least saved his live

  7. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was referring to random attacks against foreigners with whom the attackers had no prior contact and had no conceivable reason to commit such a crime.

  8. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    34,568
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alltimegreat View Post
    I was referring to random attacks against foreigners with whom the attackers had no prior contact and had no conceivable reason to commit such a crime.
    i am unfamiliar with any such happenings in the DR. care to cite some instances?

  9. Likes CaptnGlenn liked this post
  10. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My buddy had a Dutch guy cut his eye out in a casino in SD. Ive had a couple of chopos try the intimidation thing when I would still mess with the barrio chicks. Generally its money or sex or booze. They are the explanations for why the world goes round

  11. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    34,568
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy View Post
    My buddy had a Dutch guy cut his eye out in a casino in SD. Ive had a couple of chopos try the intimidation thing when I would still mess with the barrio chicks. Generally its money or sex or booze. They are the explanations for why the world goes round
    JohnnyBoy, maybe that is why Georgie Best said

    i spent most of my money on women, liquor, and gambling. the rest i wasted.

  12. Likes JohnnyBoy, Criss Colon, greydread liked this post
  13. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have only heard of purse snatching or yanking a chain off a neck..

  14. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alltimegreat View Post
    When European or American/Canadian foreigners are attacked in the DR, is the motive always financial (robbery)? Has anyone heard of any other types of attacks against western foreigners that are not financially related, such as for racial reasons or just for fun and posting them online (like the BS going on all the time now in cities like Chicago, Baltimore, etc.)?
    If I shot you and took you wallet, or if I shot you because I did not like your face. Do you think it would make a difference when you are lying in the hospital bed with a gunshot wound??? You will bleed the same way no matter the "motive" of an attack. This question is weird!!!!

  15. Likes CaptnGlenn, NaguaRick liked this post
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •