where to buy a pepper spray in puerto plata?

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
hey guys,

anyone got a clue where i can buy a pepper spray (and/or a stun gun) here in PP?

the next stupid kid luring at me at the beach should think twice.

thanks

yes but I don't know the street name. Eak. I know it's on the main road that turns off if coming from Sosua and is near a police station and school. It's a few blocks before you turn off to go to La Sirena.
I'm sure everyone knows the street name but I don't do names.

I bought a stun gun from there and saw pepper spray.

I just asked kids where it was and they knew. It's a small store in black. Can't see in the windows type thing.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
is near a police station and school

you might mean avenida luis ginebra, there is a "gun shop" at the square past the policia, maybe this is the shop you ment (on the side of the school, opposite policia), will look there thanks.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Yup. Still in good condition. It's only been used once.:rolleyes: :D

lol, thanks, so it works as advertised?
but I was thinking of something smaller easier to conceal/put in a trouser pocket.

I still hope it doesn't come to that, but whats the procedure after using any of those (give it 1km outside of a rural area away from anything)? leave this guy in his agony, run and call police? or take him with you to the police while he has no clue whats going (meh)?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
lol, thanks, so it works as advertised?
but I was thinking of something smaller easier to conceal/put in a trouser pocket.

I still hope it doesn't come to that, but whats the procedure after using any of those (give it 1km outside of a rural area away from anything)? leave this guy in his agony, run and call police? or take him with you to the police while he has no clue whats going (meh)?

My advice : spray and run like hell! Do not linger! But only if you really need to use it. If the guy is following you and he presents a threat.

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i would like to buy some pepper spray for my girl friend in santo domingo i heard a story where one guys wife was pushed into her apartment were they was looking for money thinking he was rich

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
forgot to write, i can confirm that they do have a pepper spray

at the point where avenida luis ginebra joins both lanes together, on the left side (going NW), small shop for weapons.

they have 2 different PS, the smaller one with a holder for the key chain. they also have stun guns but they seemed way overpriced (4k for a no name china import)

craigP

Dec 4, 2012
never involve the DR police in anything unless you want to go from bad to worse.
Seriously, is it that bad with the police here? should my default plan be (with an unwanted encounter) to punch one of em in the stomach and run like hell?? I mean what are we talking about here??

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, The gun store that looks like a German Chalet owned by Santiago Vega that is located about 3 blocks down from Estella Sadhala. Going from South to North on Sadhala turn left at the Gran Almirante. He has some Saber products and other odds and ends. It would be my advice to avoid a stun gun unless you are willing to be physically connected to the bad guy. Most attacks are like a car accident sudden, fast, & violent. Unless you have it in your hand it is the same as the gun that you left at home = worthless. Also I would avoid the Urban Legend of wasp spray due to it comes out in a stream not cone and again the issue of having it available.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Seriously, is it that bad with the police here? should my default plan be (with an unwanted encounter) to punch one of em in the stomach and run like hell?? I mean what are we talking about here??
I absolutely agree with this premise as real life strategy except it would be best to take of like a bat out of hell without the punch part.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
I mean what are we talking about here??

He's talking about "never involve the DR police in anything unless you want to go from bad to worse" like he said.

One more tip for you Craig. Never involve a lawyer in anything. Like my Florida cracker lawyer (gf) pronounced it: "liar".

In the DR, like almost all countries in the world, lawyers will only set you up with the authorities or the other guy's lawyer for their own benefit, at least until you've been on the ground and in the culture for some years.

Repeat: that's almost all countries in the world.