Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Using Amazon in the DR?

Good Morning, I am trying to find out exactly how to use Amazon to buy things and have them shipped to the DR Santiago particularly. I would appreciate any information about the process itself, Aduanas problems, and where to have it delivered. Thank You

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a freight forwarder, primarily EncargoPaq, to bring in items from Amazon, EBay, etc. The items are shipped to my account in Florida and then delivered to my door. Items under $200 US (except for TVs) pay no duty. For larger items I ask for a door to door shipping price which includes all charges from the US to the DR.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy a lot from Amazon. I use EPS to get stuff to me. Amazon sends to my EPS address in Miami and EPS brings it to the EPS office in Sosua. Have been doing this for years.

4. Likes PeterInBrat liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy a lot from Amazon too and get it here by EncargoPaq unless I'm in a rush, then I use EPS (more expensive).

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

All freight forwarders take roughly the same time. Day it is received in Miami, next day in SD in Aduana, the following day available for pickup in any of the nationwide offices. I use Pick N Send for their great rates, as well as BM Cargo.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I buy cigars from the USA all the time.
    It's actually cheaper to buy Dominican cigars from Pennsylvania than here, including the shipping costs!!!
    I once ordered two butane cigar lighters, they won't ship them on airplanes.
    I told them to enjoy them in EPS Miami.
    I buy watches on Amazon, at about 1/3 of DR prices,and my son sells them here, online, and at his univ.
    They weigh very little, so shipping is minimal.
    He sells them at 2/3,s DR prices.
    He makes good "Spending Money".
    And learns some "Business Sense" at the same time.
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    ps., never have an order over $200 dollars, they WILL charge you customs fees if you do!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

would a kindle fire for 199 come thru eps without any problems? thanks

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much to all. Please continue without overestimating my intelligence! Mr. Windeguy the door to door rate you ask for is from Encargopaq?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Vimenpaq has the best prices in Santiago and is across the street from the gas station on the left on JP Duarte right after crossing Ave Las Carreras.

The deal they have worked out with Aduanas is that the sum value of all the packages that arrive at any one time amount to less than $200.

One sometimes has to stagger shipments to ensure the over $200 tax is not applied. Also, all packages need to have a receipt or they will be taxed.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muņecote View Post
    would a kindle fire for 199 come thru eps without any problems? thanks
    I would think so if there is a legitimate receipt in the package and not one someone made up to beat the $200 limit. The people in the aduana have a pretty good idea of what things cost.

I've gotten stuff very close to 200 via EPS with no problem.

12. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast