Plaza Lama StoDgo vs. Santiago

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
Getting ready to upgrade a lot of stuff around the house and get some additional stuff. Furniture and all sorts of stuff. Point is I'm going to do a lot of purchasing. Normally I would do this at the Plaza Lama near the Acropolis Mall in StoDgo. But I'm on the north coast now and Santiago is closer. I have never been to the one in Santiago so my questions are is that one as big (have as much variety) and are the prices comparable enough or is it worth it to go the extra distance to StoDgo?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You do have a "La Sirena", "Up There".
I think you should check out "Conforama" on 27 Feb. here in SD.
Huge selection of furniture, all levels of quality, and price.
I had a friend in Juan Dolio who furnished a 4 bedroom home with very nice, high quality furniture.
He made his best deal, then offered the cash, and got a bigger discount.
They delivered, and set up the whole place.
Can't say if the deliver "Up There", but you can ask, and make it part of your best deal.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If you're looking for higher end furniture, I just found my container of household goods arrives this week, and I'll have several items for sale that no longer fit how I live, sofa/love seat, marble coffee table, Oriental and Persian rugs, Kenmore dryer (elec), and a bunch of other things...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Great News "CB"!
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, you can give it all away on the "DR1 Swap Meet" site.
I'll take the marble coffee table, just the top, for making breads and pastries.
You are 100% right about the "RUGS"!
They don't like it when the maid douses them with "Cloro"!
I bought about 6 of them here about 15 years go, they haven't seen my floors in 14!
Too Bad, I LOVE them!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
You do have a "La Sirena", "Up There".
I think you should check out "Conforama" on 27 Feb. here in SD.
Huge selection of furniture, all levels of quality, and price.
I had a friend in Juan Dolio who furnished a 4 bedroom home with very nice, high quality furniture.
He made his best deal, then offered the cash, and got a bigger discount.
They delivered, and set up the whole place.
Can't say if the deliver "Up There", but you can ask, and make it part of your best deal.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Thanks. My concern is I'm looking for a lot of different stuff, not just furniture and electronics and want to get everything in one place hence the lean towards Plaza Lama. But if I do go to StoDgo I will stop by Conforama first and see what I can get. It helps that they are on 27th as Plaza Lama is also. I have never like the variety or the prices at La Sirena, at least not at the one in POP.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
If you're looking for higher end furniture, I just found my container of household goods arrives this week, and I'll have several items for sale that no longer fit how I live, sofa/love seat, marble coffee table, Oriental and Persian rugs, Kenmore dryer (elec), and a bunch of other things...

Cool. No need for living room stuff. But I'm looking to upgrade bedroom, kitchen, office, some outside stuff and a bunch of odds and ends. What town are you in?

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I havent had good luck with the quality of the furniture at Conforama. But like everything, when you buy cheap....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NV, you have to pay more for their "Higher Quality" furniture.
I had most of my furniture "Hand Made" at a great small,furniture factory.
The couches, & chairs, have been reapolstered, some twice, but that's it.
All in "Caoba", all still in great shape, after,16 YEARS!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Peffer Muebles" if anyone is interested.