Car tax postponed

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
acento.com.do/index.php/news/95534/56/Medina-decide-posponer-para-2014-el-aumento-del-impuesto-a-los-vehiculos.html

SEEMS LIKE WE WASTED A THREAD, AT LEAST UNTIL NEXT YEAR

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes, Mr. AE just told me the same thing. Phew! Looks like we'll make it in with our car before it takes affect.

Good news!!!!

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
Not surprised. It seemed to be far too complicated a system, but that of course is probably not the reason for his position at this time.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Yes, Mr. AE just told me the same thing. Phew! Looks like we'll make it in with our car before it takes affect.

Good news!!!!

What do you mean AE? The tax is supposed to be in proportion with the number of months you'll have it when in effect. You get a new car in February you'll pay only a proportion of the 1%.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
What do you mean AE? The tax is supposed to be in proportion with the number of months you'll have it when in effect. You get a new car in February you'll pay only a proportion of the 1%.

Maybe I misunderstood then - I thought there was also an increase proposed to the initial license plates too. Sounded to me like bringing the car was going to cost more because of the new #'s.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wishing, what gives? i had no negative comments about new placas, i was fine with it. now i think danilo is showing his ass is soft and that's not a good thing.

AE: the initial payment was and is 1%, as far as i understand, there would be no difference in applying that.