The National Police Inspector goes to La Mulata to investigat last years shooting

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
[h=2]The National Police Inspector travels to Puerto Plata to investigate the shooting at La Mulata, Sosua where a German national got killed last year[/h]
Inspector-travels-to-Puerto-Plata-to-investigate-the-shooting-at-La-Mulata-Sosua-where-a-German-national-got-killed-last-year.jpg

PUERTO PLATA. ? The General Inspector of the National Police traveled during the morning on Thursday to Puerto Plata, to monitor the investigations into the alleged exchange of fire occurred on October 17, 2012 in the residential area La Mulata III, Sosua, where the police officer was shot by a German citizen Peter Ebert Demetrick, in a confusing incident which has not yet been clarified by the authorities. General Bello Frener Arias by offering exclusive statements to reporters of the Puertoplatadigital lamented that ?the last two times he traveled to Puerto Plata was to investigate situations whether members of the police had been involved? because he said ?this interests the President of the Republic, Danilo Medina and the new Chief of Police, Major General Manuel Castro Castillo, all internal of the institution is made as transparent as possible. ?
He explained that ?in coordination with the Attorney Chief Prosecutor of Puerto Plata, Judge N??ez Alba Pichardo, proceed to carry out interrogations and police officers who participated in a raid recklessly almost a year ago to a residence inhabited by foreigners in La Mulata III (residential tourist town of Sosua), which then triggered an intense firefight where Demetrick Peter Ebert died. The officer, said: ?We come to the last stages to investigate the real causes of this incident as the German citizen Peter Brunck formally lodged a complaint against two colonels of the National Police for alleged assault, perjury addition of violation of their rights and property. ? Unofficially, it?s emerged that two police officers will be investigated on this case, Colonel Roberto Salcedo Santos who at the time of the event served as manager of the Criminal Investigation Department in the Northern Regional Directorate and in addition also Puerto Plata Colonel Raymundo De la Rosa Ogando (The Cigarr?), who commanded the Inspectorate of the National Police in Sosua.
Source: Puerto Plata Digital

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Yea, I guess it wouldn't have anything to do with them being on video, breaking into houses and robbing the safes.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
[h=2]The National Police Inspector travels to Puerto Plata to investigate the shooting at La Mulata, Sosua where a German national got killed last year[/h]
Inspector-travels-to-Puerto-Plata-to-investigate-the-shooting-at-La-Mulata-Sosua-where-a-German-national-got-killed-last-year.jpg

PUERTO PLATA. – The General Inspector of the National Police traveled during the morning on Thursday to Puerto Plata, to monitor the investigations into the alleged exchange of fire occurred on October 17, 2012 in the residential area La Mulata III, Sosua, where the police officer was shot by a German citizen Peter Ebert Demetrick, in a confusing incident which has not yet been clarified by the authorities. General Bello Frener Arias by offering exclusive statements to reporters of the Puertoplatadigital lamented that “the last two times he traveled to Puerto Plata was to investigate situations whether members of the police had been involved” because he said “this interests the President of the Republic, Danilo Medina and the new Chief of Police, Major General Manuel Castro Castillo, all internal of the institution is made as transparent as possible. ”
He explained that “in coordination with the Attorney Chief Prosecutor of Puerto Plata, Judge N??ez Alba Pichardo, proceed to carry out interrogations and police officers who participated in a raid recklessly almost a year ago to a residence inhabited by foreigners in La Mulata III (residential tourist town of Sosua), which then triggered an intense firefight where Demetrick Peter Ebert died. The officer, said: “We come to the last stages to investigate the real causes of this incident as the German citizen Peter Brunck formally lodged a complaint against two colonels of the National Police for alleged assault, perjury addition of violation of their rights and property. “ Unofficially, it’s emerged that two police officers will be investigated on this case, Colonel Roberto Salcedo Santos who at the time of the event served as manager of the Criminal Investigation Department in the Northern Regional Directorate and in addition also Puerto Plata Colonel Raymundo De la Rosa Ogando (The Cigarr?), who commanded the Inspectorate of the National Police in Sosua.

8 months later. sounds about right.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

PUERTO PLATA. – The General Inspector of the National Police traveled during the morning on Thursday to Puerto Plata, to monitor the investigations into the alleged exchange of fire occurred on October 17, 2012 in the residential area La Mulata III, Sosua, where the police officer was shot by a German citizen Peter Ebert Demetrick, in a confusing incident which has not yet been clarified by the authorities. General Bello Frener Arias by offering exclusive statements to reporters of the Puertoplatadigital lamented that “the last two times he traveled to Puerto Plata was to investigate situations whether members of the police had been involved” because he said “this interests the President of the Republic, Danilo Medina and the new Chief of Police, Major General Manuel Castro Castillo, all internal of the institution is made as transparent as possible. ”
He explained that “in coordination with the Attorney Chief Prosecutor of Puerto Plata, Judge N??ez Alba Pichardo, proceed to carry out interrogations and police officers who participated in a raid recklessly almost a year ago to a residence inhabited by foreigners in La Mulata III (residential tourist town of Sosua), which then triggered an intense firefight where Demetrick Peter Ebert died. The officer, said: “We come to the last stages to investigate the real causes of this incident as the German citizen Peter Brunck formally lodged a complaint against two colonels of the National Police for alleged assault, perjury addition of violation of their rights and property. “ Unofficially, it’s emerged that two police officers will be investigated on this case, Colonel Roberto Salcedo Santos who at the time of the event served as manager of the Criminal Investigation Department in the Northern Regional Directorate and in addition also Puerto Plata Colonel Raymundo De la Rosa Ogando (The Cigarr?), who commanded the Inspectorate of the National Police in Sosua.

the guy in the pink tie is saying.."i want those two over there".

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Justice orders arrest of three on RD$60 million case
Following a request made by the Justice Department to the Judicial Office of Services of Permanent Attention of the Court of Instruction in the Judicial District of Puerto Plata, arrest warrants were issued for three National Police officers who are linked to the alleged robbery of some RD$60,000,000 during a search of a house in La Mulata III in Sosua, Puerto Plata on 17 October 2012. Two colonels and one lieutenant are the subject of the arrest warrants that were sent by letter to Police Chief Major General Manuel Castro Castillo by Attorney General Francisco Dominguez Brito. The entire case revolves around the search of a house in the Mulata III residential sector of Sosua, which ended in the death of a German citizen, Peter Ebert Demetrick and the wounding of a Haitian gardener, Riguad Petit Frere. According to the indictment, the officers removed two safes from the property. Assets valued at RD$60 million are said to have gone missing.

la Procuradur?a ordena el arresto de tres oficiales por robo de RD$60 millones - DiarioLibre.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
a video of the initial assault, not sure if somebody gets shot here or not, but there are shots fired and later someone yells for a doctor. Maybe someone can explain whats going on here.

Asalto de Polic?as a los Alemanes en Sosua RD - YouTube

Ya Conchman. I went to YouTube so I could see it large screen. NO fun to watch or listen to at all. I stopped and backed it up to try to understand some of what was being said. Have you read the comments on YouTube?

I hope that the Talking Heads at CNN, BBC and others pick up on this and broadcast. Then MAYBE someone here in the D.R. will have to get serious and tough. Really tough. (I can dream can't I?)

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
One German is saying: Policia, donde esta tu orden para entrar a esta villa? Where is
your orders to enter this villa?

And later when it looks like they are handcuffed and on the ground, one German is saying
un medico, yo muerto. La policia tiene mi insulina.

I need a doctor, I'm dying.The police has my insulin. He keeps repeating over and over.

Sometimes i get the impression they do not want any outsider living here. It feels like we are goldfishes in a bowl, waiting to be attacked by a cowardly smiling snake any time.

I guess anything goes here in the TwillightZone- As long as WE are to blame, and WE are to pay.

Sorry for the Rant, i guess i am getting frustrated right now...
--

If WE all left, this country would have turned into Haiti2 in less than six months. Something to think about if they had the braincapacity to think that is..

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Sometimes i get the impression they do not want any outsider living here. It feels like we are goldfishes in a bowl, waiting to be attacked by a cowardly smiling snake any time.

I guess anything goes here in the TwillightZone- As long as WE are to blame, and WE are to pay.

Sorry for the Rant, i guess i am getting frustrated right now...
--

If WE all left, this country would have turned into Haiti2 in less than six months. Something to think about if they had the braincapacity to think that is..

Not a Rant at all IMO. And it's very OK to have your Rant.... join MY club? I think that your observations are well worth looking at.

Thank you for sharing RR.