Aciclovir

Alexandradebrian

Jun 8, 2013
This product is in a cream with a trade name ZOVIRAX. It is used for the treatment of "Cold Sores". These occur usually around the mouth without having a cold. It is a form of herpes. Many people have the problem but it only appears in some. Does anyone know the name of a cream here that one can buy from the Pharmacy which includes the ACICLOVIR? Can we buy ZOVIRAX here? I am told there is no cure. Anyone know? Please.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
zovirax is available but rather pricey. there are several other creams with aciclovir, my suggestion is poviral. it is best to accompany it with few pills, for cold sores it's usually 800mg a day for 5 days.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
That is correct, cold sores or (herpes simplex) can never be cured, but it's treatable(to alleviate the symptoms). It is a virus that lies dormant in your system between attacks. Being stressed, tired or too much exposure to sunlight can cause recurrence of attacks.

em in paradise

May 31, 2013
I have a friend here that gets cold sores all the time. I didn't realized there were pills as well to take. I don't know what she uses, but I know it's just a cream or salve. Can the pills also be bought at a farmacia here? Do you what they'd be called? I assume that they are probably pricey too?

vida

Mar 18, 2010
Viroter is aciclovir 5% cream. You might also take L Lysine, an inexpensive amino acid to decrease the duration of the outbreak.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I thought it's primary use was for genital herpes. Wasn't that the original development when it first came onto the market, in conjunction with some anti-viral pills?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
What's The Difference Between "True Love", and Herpes"??????????????????????????????
"Herpes", Lasts Forever!!!!!!
Question Answered!
CC
"A Mi Manera".CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Yes sireeee...Tis the gift that keeps on giving. Unfortunately something like 70% of Americans have it and they're passing it on. Look at this study...Study Finds Herpes Virus In 98 Percent Of Healthy Participants
Study Finds Herpes Virus In 98 Percent Of Healthy Participants

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Even moderators cant do it their way.

My bad!!!!! Clean up was done AE's way.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
herpes simple is very common. many people may be carriers without displaying the symptoms. not to mention that because this virus seems to attack the body when it is in a weakened state one could have outbreaks very seldom.
aciclovir comes in pills and cream. i suggest both to combat the outbreak. cream 2 or 3 times a day combined with pills. as i said, 800mg a day for 5 days. both cream and pills are available OTC. cream is about 300 pesos and pills about 50 pesos each. popular dominican brands are poviral i mentioned and virotel that someone suggested.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
herpes simple is very common. many people may be carriers without displaying the symptoms. not to mention that because this virus seems to attack the body when it is in a weakened state one could have outbreaks very seldom.
aciclovir comes in pills and cream. i suggest both to combat the outbreak. cream 2 or 3 times a day combined with pills. as i said, 800mg a day for 5 days. both cream and pills are available OTC. cream is about 300 pesos and pills about 50 pesos each. popular dominican brands are poviral i mentioned and virotel that someone suggested.
What is the typical regimen for shingles?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
usually 800mg 4 or 5 times a day for minimum a week. but you have to start therapy at the earliest sign of rash. otherwise it will not be quite as effective.