Edenorte and Contacts for Appealing an Incorrect Billing

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
There are so many Edenorte threads to search, I was hoping that I could get some updated information regarding people to contact in order to correct a billing from Edenorte that I can't seem to get corrected. This has happened more than one to myself and other people that I know. I usually just pay it and go on, but it is getting out of hand and would like to try to pursue a solution this time.

I figured by making this thread with it's title rather specific, it would also make it easier for others to find in the future.......

Specifically, I am looking for:

1. A top person at EDENORTE that is available by phone and/or fax machine that is able to handle billing problems when it comes to "recuperacion" and......

2. The Government Department that oversees EDENORTE and is responsible for reviewing complaints.......

It happens that this problem occurred RIGHT AFTER we have left for one month and it is impossible to go in person to resolve the problem. We have called and since my Spanish is even more limited when speaking on the phone rather than in person, I have had to have my other Domincan half do the talking and they have convinced him that they are right.......:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny: (YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT....LOL)
.............................WHICH of course I KNOW, they are not..........

Thanks for any help........with contacts that I can use and that will hopefully make it easier for others in the future............

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Here you go:

<dl id="yui_3_4_1_1_1372799793553_1311" class="details"><dd class="icn yellow ymsg-mobile">809 586-7125</dd><dt>
</dt><dd class="icn yellow ymsg-mobile">809-586 -7120</dd><dt>Employer:</dt><dd>Protecom (Consumer protection Agency over Edenorte)</dd><dt>Work address:</dt><dd class="icn address">Calle Antera Mota ? calle Virgilio Ortega Residencial Isabel de Torres, Local 112 Puerto Plata, Dom Rep </dd><dt>Notes:</dt><dd id="yui_3_4_1_1_1372799793553_1310">Oficina Puerto Plata
Calle Antera Mota ? calle Virgilio Ortega,
Residencial Isabel de Torres, Local 112
Puerto Plata, R. D.
TEL: 586-7125, 586-7120 586-9057
Fax: 586-4310
</dd></dl>

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Here you go:

<dl id="yui_3_4_1_1_1372799793553_1311" class="details"><dd class="icn yellow ymsg-mobile">809 586-7125</dd><dt>
</dt><dd class="icn yellow ymsg-mobile">809-586 -7120</dd><dt>Employer:</dt><dd>Protecom (Consumer protection Agency over Edenorte)</dd><dt>Work address:</dt><dd class="icn address">Calle Antera Mota ? calle Virgilio Ortega Residencial Isabel de Torres, Local 112 Puerto Plata, Dom Rep </dd><dt>Notes:</dt><dd id="yui_3_4_1_1_1372799793553_1310">Oficina Puerto Plata
Calle Antera Mota ? calle Virgilio Ortega,
Residencial Isabel de Torres, Local 112
Puerto Plata, R. D.
TEL: 586-7125, 586-7120 586-9057
Fax: 586-4310
</dd></dl>

Thanks Windeguy............We have the same address and some different telephone numbers, in addition to one of yours.......are these "two" any different???? ............ like to the BOSS, or just the office??

ALSO, as long as I am at it, has anyone ever filed a complaint with PROTECOM and been successful?

I will also add these "numbers" to the list in case anyone else needs to try them...............seems that they all get answered but you can never figure out who you are talking to and where they are!

809-261-6060
809-586-9823
809-970-0307

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I honestly don't believe there is much you can do to get Edenorte to listen but I sincerely hope you are able to do so. My daughter, who is married to a Dominican and thus speaks near-perfect Dominican Spanish, had a similar problem. She was being billed for a meter not even on her property!

When she complained, they said "oops, well, you need to pay it anyhow." She doesn't roll over for anyone so she fought it. She pushed all the way to San Francisco de Macoris (we are in Cabrera so it went Cabrera -> Nagua -> SfoM). She was able to suspend the requirement for payment throughout this up to a point. After a few months of haggling, Edenorte in Cabrera said "pay up or we shut you off."

She went to PROTECOM which did absolutely no good whatsoever. Edenorte disconnected her. She paid the "oops bill" and presto, the line was reconnected and she hasn't had a problem since. Amazing, eh? I'll bet anything that her payment didn't show up in "accounts receivable". ;-)

Good luck and please keep us all informed!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks Windeguy............We have the same address and some different telephone numbers, in addition to one of yours.......are these "two" any different???? ............ like to the BOSS, or just the office??

ALSO, as long as I am at it, has anyone ever filed a complaint with PROTECOM and been successful?

I will also add these "numbers" to the list in case anyone else needs to try them...............seems that they all get answered but you can never figure out who you are talking to and where they are!

809-261-6060
809-586-9823
809-970-0307

The numbers are the ones I had used to contact people in that office. They did help me work out a billing error and I paid only a bit more than I really owed instead of double the price of a normal bill. So they did help me.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
CASTELLAMONTE, Seems dismal......but I must be alot like your daughter.....except for speaking Spanish well.......so I am going to try.....

We are constantly being billed "recuperacion" billings upwards of 25k pesos because our bills vary based on when we are there and not.........I am tired of paying them.......they have put in about 4 new meters because they see the variances.....now they say it's our fault for not letting them know when we come and go.......what the hell is the purpose of a meter???

Their argument is that even when we say we are "gone" we still have some usuage (outside lighting, watchmen housing etc) so since we do have lower usuage it means to them that we didnt go so they charge us the difference between the low months and high months...........and they have convinced "my" dominican that it makes sense.

When I get my complaint to Protecom done Ill publish it for laughs and see what happens.......the only thing Ill prolly get from the whole thing is high blood pressure ......

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I sincerely hope someone makes some headway with these bozos. Don't get me wrong, I've lived here for nearly a decade so I "get it" but this is beyond the pale. Heck, I'm getting 95.7 volts into my house but the meter is spinning happily so they can charge me. Can I work a microwave, a/c unit or more than a few lightbulbs....??? Not! But I'll be charged as if I was getting 240v (120v each line).

I checked the other day and the transformer was providing 80v on each line (160v total) with neutral offering 18v...when it should read zero. Of course, Edenorte claims there is "no problemo" with the transformer regardless of my readings with my fancy Fluke meter. These days, you shrug and deal with it...nothing else to do.

I pray for when the new substations come into this area...even if they are private and I pay them instead of Edenorte because nothing, and I mean nothing, could be more frustrating that dealing with them.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't waste your time, energy, and money!
"Been There, Done That", just like "Castellamonte"!!!!
The ONLY thing the are really fast, and good at, is cutting your service for, "Non Payment" wheather, or even "IF" you pay an time!
"Drink, Don't Fight"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
good luck! I sincerely hope you get some results, but I doubt it.

I tried it once... filed an official complaint, went with the number of the complaint to Protecom, who told me I had to pay 30% of the bill, and Edenorte would have to investigate and file a report with them.

I paid the 30% of the bill, and the next day they cut me off. I went to the office to complain, where I was told they could not give a **** about Protecom. I then went to Protecom who told me they could not do anything about me being cut off, but that Edenorte would still have to investigate.

Guess what, I paid the bill, got restored, and 1 1/2 years later still waiting for the report...

BelgianK

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
once we received a bill at twice the usual amount. miesposo took a photo of our meter showing the usage and contested that bill in ladronorte, POP office. he still had to pay it as is but he was told the overpay will be discounted from next month bill. next bill came significantly reduced but not in proportion to what we overpaid. nonetheless that was some success.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Many years ago I went to Protecom in Puerto Plata. It was an empty office with two or three guys sitting with nothing to do and willing to help. I had been sent a bill for many thousands of pesos that simply said "irregularities". They fixed it. I received really good service.

I went there a few months ago for a friend and you could barely get through the door for the amount of stacked up paperwork all over the place and the guys in there looked stressed to the max. The queue looked like it would take a few hours to endure so I turned around and left. I guess it was once good and then when everyone heard about it, they simply couldn't cope with the workload and demand.