Chickens 50 pesos each in SD - Got a Freezer????

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
They had that here yesterday in GH, but the only thing is they are live, and you have to butcher them

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
No problem for Dominicans! They are experts at slaughtering chickens! Get some and pay someone to kill and clean them for you. They will gladly do it.:classic:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I got eggs at Super Mercado National at 30 for 85 pesos.
Even my dogs are eating "Huevos" now!!!
"Let Them Eat Eggs"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People are eating a LOT of "POLLO", which brings down the demand, AND Price, for beef, and pork!
"Win/Win" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 29, 2006
No problem for Dominicans! They are experts at slaughtering chickens! Get some and pay someone to kill and clean them for you. They will gladly do it.:classic:

On one of the recent Anthony Bourdain shows, he brought live chickens with him on a boat trip because there were no refrigerators, then they slaughtered them on the boat. It wasn't pretty because they weren't very experienced with it.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
On one of the recent Anthony Bourdain shows, he brought live chickens with him on a boat trip because there were no refrigerators, then they slaughtered them on the boat. It wasn't pretty because they weren't very experienced with it.

Ha ha! I bet it was a bloody mess!

May 29, 2006
It is what it is. I was saying Bourdain was unhappy. He seemed pretty content in the DR, esp when he was having the roasted pig. They only have a couple days to do the filming after all. No Reservations was a different show. He's had at least three now.

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
I think that buying live chickens is a great idea:

1. since the price is excellent you can buy quite a few
2. you do not have to worry about your chickens going bad, get freezer burn or thawing in your freezer and going bad should la luz be off for a long time
3. you can let them roam in your backyard, they become "free range chickens"
4. free range chickens are worth more to tourist gringos
5. maybe get some eggs until you are ready to eat the chickens.

I am sure I can find someone to butcher a chicken when I am ready to cook one... heck at that price the butcher can get one in payment!

May 29, 2006
for dominicans this is not an issue. and of course putting them in a freezer as is would solve the problem just as well.

You can't just kill chickens. They have to be drained of blood or they will taste horrible.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
When I started this thread, I was picturing nice packaged chickens of various weights for 50 pesos. I asked Mr. AE if all the 50 pesos chickens were alive, and he said "Of course!!" as if I had two heads, or "Why would you ask something like that?????" :ermm:

Why am I surprised....this is the man who brought home a live turkey for Thanksgiving one year, because I said fresh-killed birds were better. You note that I said ONE year. Trust me, it never happened again.;)

Same thing with the little black pig he brought home [in DR] on a rope leash to be BBQ'd. After all these years, he can still surprise me, LOL.