Don't eat Lambi til November

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
well if you eat it ,, someone fished it right? so if we continue to eat it, they will continue to fish it..

the only way to preserve it is to respect the law.

but you are right about the way I worded it !!!

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
well if you eat it ,, someone fished it right? so if we continue to eat it, they will continue to fish it..

but you are right about the way I worded it !!!

What you mean, respect the law? You are hilarious! So if someone sells you conch, you pay for it, you cannot cook your own conch and eat it? lol
Where is the CULPABILITY here?
My question though how they gonna implement that law? Very funny stuffs

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I really love lambi, so I always order it and did not know that it had a breeding season when it needed to replenish. So now, at least, I know. I posted in case there are other lambi fans who wanted to help them live long and prosper.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I really love lambi, so I always order it and did not know that it had a breeding season when it needed to replenish. So now, at least, I know. I posted in case there are other lambi fans who wanted to help them live long and prosper.

How about the vendors on BC or Sosua? Will they be able to sell?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There is a "LAW" on the books here about EVERY THING!!!!
Very few are enforced, or, selectively enforced, or NEVER enforced!
"Same Ol', Same Ol'"
That is the major reason no one has any Respect for the laws, or those who's job it is to enforce them.
I love it that way!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
The DR Government passes many "GREEN LAWS", and "Eco Friendly" laws, & decrees, but they are never going to be enforced.
They just point to them at International Conferences to show what great "Citizens of the World" they are!

Feb 7, 2007

It may still be imported .... so if you eat it, there is no way of knowing if it was fished in the DR or imported.
Btw I am no big fan of seafood besides an occasional mero or salmon here and there so it really doesn't matter to me

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
So if someone sells you conch, you pay for it, you cannot cook your own conch and eat it?

i don't know about others but i cannot eat my own conch. never been able to reach it. but there is no reason not to eat the conch you paid for. not that paid conch is something i'd nom on.
ccccccccccccccccccc

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What happened to the lobster moratorium. We saw vendors in the east last week selling the crap out of lobsters...

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
The way they control it is the cops see the guy selling conch, so they confiscate it due to it being illegal...now the cop's got dinner for him and his family for the next week.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"dv", in the "Old days", "IT" was called the "Bearded Clam", now I guess it's just "The Clam"!
Call it what you will, I'm, "All IN"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What you mean, respect the law? You are hilarious! So if someone sells you conch, you pay for it, you cannot cook your own conch and eat it? lol
Where is the CULPABILITY here?
My question though how they gonna implement that law? Very funny stuffs

go get caught with stolen property and tell the judge that you paid for it.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
People steal conch??

AE, i was just using that illustration to refer to any contraband, such as conch in the forbidden season. being caught with it is just as bad as harvesting it yourself. without a market, there is no seller

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AE, i was just using that illustration to refer to any contraband, such as conch in the forbidden season. being caught with it is just as bad as harvesting it yourself. without a market, there is no seller

I think that's the point mountainannie was making above.

As far as contraband, I suppose you're right. How would anyone prove how and when they got it though?