Offer payment plan to our customers?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
A few months ago we started selling laptops ranging from US$400-$1000 and several of our customers have asked if we offer some type of financing (payment plan) where they can take the laptop and continue paying.

Is something like that possible or viable with a bank or elsewhere?

Thanks.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
A few months ago we started selling laptops ranging from US$400-$1000 and several of our customers have asked if we offer some type of financing (payment plan) where they can take the laptop and continue paying.

Thanks.
Recipe for doom. Financing in this country is a no no, unless you get a title to a house or property.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Im not sure i understand your question, obviously banks finance, thats their business. Quite a few businesses here are cooperatives which is how most afford home comforts. Banreservas is good for cars. I don't know much about independant financing, but I'd never get mixed up in anything where I was required to part with anything I didn't have full payment for. I know some do, but as a gringo I'd be paranoid of the headaches. Anything to do with financing needs to be kept under good order, how they do it, god only knows, but seems some do manage.

Sep 4, 2012

Thanks.

Unless you can work out a deal for the bank to finance (likely they will require a piece of the ROI), DO NOT DO THIS YOURSELF. Not in this country, not ready for anything of that sort yet.

Feb 7, 2007
Most banks will work with you if you are a solid company and offer solid business plan, products and warranty. Soluciones Sotiabank, Popular, Promerica, Fihogar, Ademi and Santa Cruz all offer financing, where your company can contract with the bank. The bank will finance and pay you a discounted price of your product (e.g. your product costs 10.000 pesos retail, they will pay you 9.000 pesos retail and will finance customer for 10.000 pesos, and of course the bank keeps all the payments and interest the customer makes). You invoice the bank for the discounted retail price and the bank pays you, not the customer. The customer pays the bank. The financing is subject to bank approval. The retail discount the bank takes off your sticker price is anywhere between 5% and 15%, depending on product.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't do it. if you must pair with a financiera so that you receive payment in full and financiera chases debtor's ass. they have better means of extracting money from people. but then i do not recommend dealing with loan sharks either...