Dominican Translations For Cuts of Meat

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Hi All

Want to buy a pot roast and brisket for slow cooking. Been looking around on the web and it seems here that the names are different from either Mexico or Argentina or do not exist. Does anyone have a source for definite translations of all the various custs of beef?

I assume brisket is pecho entero, but have never seen it. :(

Thanks.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
The only translation you will need: carne de res Dominicano - shoe leather

There is a restaurant in Cabarete called El Brasero that only uses Dominican meat that has one of the best filet mignons I've ever had.. unbelievably good, I need to make my way back out there.

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
There is a restaurant in Cabarete called El Brasero that only uses Dominican meat that has one of the best filet mignons I've ever had.. unbelievably good, I need to make my way back out there.

Where in Cabarete is El Brasero located?

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Good luck !!!! Thy do not cut meat thy destroy it i found a man selling beef and he just cut off pices and sold it by the pound i found a place that lets me cut pork and gote but i have to bring my owne knife and if i cut out bones to get the cut I want I must pay for the boons as well as the meat in the per pound price . It is a pain in the ass to get a flay or real pork ribs .