LOOKING for a friend of my sisters

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Hi all...
My husband and I moved to Sosua last October. My sister is in the states...she is looking for a friend that seems to have dropped off the face of the earth! He was an attorney in Michigan USA, moved to the DR about 6 years ago. They kept in touch but the past 2 years she has lost contact with him. He was a good friend and attorney, she has a little boy with downs syndrome and he helped her with many of the legal issues that arose with custody etc., oh yes and a DUI... I am not sure if I should post his name....He is of Italian descent, should be about 50ish, he had retired from law but knowing his kind personality he may be doing some law work here. He is financially sound. He was in Las Terenas, Samana area when she lost track. His first name is Joe....got any ideas and thanks..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We have several members here who live in that area, if one of them know him I'm sure they'll get in touch with you [or let him know someone is looking for him].

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Does your sister know if he has any family in Michigan or an acquaintance that
could possibly know his whereabouts in the DR?

Don't be surprised if he started a new life and just decided to end the friendship, it happens.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
This is a weird scenario and I tend to think he just disappeared on purpose. Little deeper info on the story...she wants to get ahold of him because they became good friends over a huge custody battle that went on and off over a ten year time span with her son who has downs syndrome and low and behold out of the blue comes another battle! I met him quite a few times...he was not married, he lived a lavish life just outside of metro Detroit in an area back in the "70's" hosted mafia connections. Infact he was a judge at one time and a go to guy for several of the "nightclub" owners with some interesting last names Zerilli, DiLorenzo, Lafata, just for a few...if you know Detroit history these are not little names! I do think he left the country and is trying to live a quiet life here...they did keep in touch however his cell phone number no longer works.....
So I guess he may have done a disappearing act!