sending a laptop from miami to santo domingo

nikstdoen0031

Jul 13, 2013
hi there, besides fedex, ups and dhl, does anyone know a company who ships your packages from miami to santo domingo because i've got a laptop in miami that i need.

the akward thing is that i shipped it to the hotel i was staying in but i didn't receive it because there was a delay in the shipping so i left without my laptop.

the prices of fedex, ups and dhl shipping are a little bit too expensive for my taste.

* does anyone knows an other company?

l-22 / w-18 / h-5 / 12lbs.

thank you! :)

Feb 7, 2007
Open up an account with Pick N Send, and then do a local pickup, they can do it for a $20 fee. You will pay ITBIS if the value is more than $200 for the laptop. There is no customs duty due for laptop computers, only ITBIS (VAT).

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Open up an account with Pick N Send, and then do a local pickup, they can do it for a $20 fee. You will pay ITBIS if the value is more than $200 for the laptop. There is no customs duty due for laptop computers, only ITBIS (VAT).

I received a laptop by ups and the taxes was arround 100 dollars, the cost of the laptop was 400.00, Had a delay because they had to wait for custom agent to check it and confirm the value then to say how much will be the cost of the custom duty, I had to go to the airport warehouse to check why the delay, then when the custom agent appears didnt complete the file so more waitting going back to the first process.

nikstdoen0031

Jul 13, 2013
* ANYONE KNOWS SOMEONE FROM MIAMI WHO'S GOING TO SANTO DOMINGO SOON???

i know i'm reaching, but it could help.