Best place to buy a TV in Santo Domingo

jekel35

Oct 31, 2012
I'm looking to pick up a new LCD or LED television. Around 400-500 usd. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
for 16000-20000 pesos, you might be able to buy a 22in tv.

Wrong.

For around 17,000RD you should be able to find a decent 32" (rca or other off-brand). For around 22,000RD you should be able to find a brand name 32" lg, samsung. Suggest opening up a newspaper, you'll find some decent deals.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I suggest checking out emarket.com. They have some good deals on there and you can apparently find a 32" for under 14,000RD.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I do not know why people keep talking about bringing in TVs, seriously, the price war on TVs in santo domingo is very strong, prices are low. Sony/Panasonic 32" RD18,999, anywhere, other brands are available.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Wrong. When i compare ( vs Canada and Can is like 5-10% more expensive compare vs USA) the tv's here where 30% more expensive.

You might not compare the same models.

Example dont compare a 42" LED 240hz that is worth 1200$ in the USA with a 42" LCD 120hz that his like 900-1000$ here. A lot of people dont compare things right about tv here, that i saw in a lot of threads.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yeh, but I'm not anal about a TV show. The A-team in hi-def or plasma or whatever is just the same to me. If it fkd up down here it is still going to cost you the same to repair it. I think these people are extremely anal about something that only professional photographers EVER need to consider.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Yeh, but I'm not anal about a TV show. The A-team in hi-def or plasma or whatever is just the same to me. If it fkd up down here it is still going to cost you the same to repair it. I think these people are extremely anal about something that only professional photographers EVER need to consider.

Lol, its not because its good for you its good for everyone.

You assume a lot of thing, personally i hate cheap technology and dont mind paying extra money for something good..

Im looking right now for a 50-55" 240hz LED TV and im desperate, just cant find something at a resonable price

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
How much im gonna pay in taxes if I bring a TV with me at the airport next time I come from Canada? Is it 18%?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Maybe it's just me, but I can live with a picture, and I would not in my stupidest drunken, wildest or most inappropriate dreams pay $1000 for a TV. That's like RD40,000 or something. The point is, you can buy a TV here cheap if you are not an arsehole or even anal about it.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
How much im gonna pay in taxes if I bring a TV with me at the airport next time I come from Canada? Is it 18%?

Do you look for the cheapest taxi fares before you arrive here? I tend to jump on a cab and not worry about a few bucks, it's cost me a fortune up to now,why would I care of less expense, which often costs more just trying to avoid it!

Tell me it ain't so!

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Do you look for the cheapest taxi fares before you arrive here? I tend to jump on a cab and not worry about a few bucks, it's cost me a fortune up to now,why would I care of less expense, which often costs more just trying to avoid it!

Tell me it ain't so!

Lol, your talking about a 50-100pesos on a cab ride difference over a 40-50% difference on a TV worth over 2k? Keep comparing orange with banana.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
What difference?

You are anal, I love it, truly and I respect you for that. It is like when I upgrade my ipads, it takes me quite some time and someone to point out the I provements. I think iPad 2isbetter than my three, but when I put all three models together, we all know the 2 better,and it is a lovely sleak feel and balance. I must admit I see fk all difference in what Rob bangs on about with the screen.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
What do you mean what difference? I guess you dont see right, anyway im happy for you if you dont mind get anal rape and paying almost double the price on a TV, but i find it ridiculous.