Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Piano Bars in the DR

Are there any good piano bars in the DR ? I've got the itch to listen some good piano licks in a cool atmosphere. Thanks K

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kozy View Post
    Are there any good piano bars in the DR ? I've got the itch to listen some good piano licks in a cool atmosphere. Thanks K
    get a good pair of headphones, and enable foobar on your pc. the DR is the land music forgot.

3. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I went to a really cool piano bar in the capital more than 20 years ago. Just don't remember where it was. There must be at least ONE in the country- Anybody ?? Thanks K

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kozy View Post
    Actually, I went to a really cool piano bar in the capital more than 20 years ago. Just don't remember where it was. There must be at least ONE in the country- Anybody ?? Thanks K
    20 years ago was before the bachata became a decent commercial venture. nobody plays real music anymore

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised to see I'm not the only one that thinks their is no music in DR. The only thing they have is this awful merengue and bachata. You hear people about DR: sun, dance, music...

Music? What music, what they listen to here is not music!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I love bachata as well as merengue and salsa. I also enjoy a piano bar- K

8. Likes pelaut liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I'm surprised to see I'm not the only one that thinks their is no music in DR. The only thing they have is this awful merengue and bachata. You hear people about DR: sun, dance, music...

Music? What music, what they listen to here is not music!
    Bachata, merengue and salsa are listened to all over the world, and even by those that have no cultural connection to Latinos or the DR: Bachata festivals and congresses around the World - Festivalsero.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Viajero View Post
    Bachata, merengue and salsa are listened to all over the world, and even by those that have no cultural connection to Latinos or the DR: Bachata festivals and congresses around the World - Festivalsero.com
    That doesn't make it good music.

JLG is an exception though. He knows how to make 'good' bachata and merengue.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Popular and good are not necessarily the same thing.

12. Likes pollogringo, waytogo, Criss Colon liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

bachata draws small crowds of curiosity seekers in small international venues. there are no real bachata bands that were formed in places like Bosnia, for example.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast