Found a Canadian passport today

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveydovey

Dec 16, 2011
I found a Canadian passport today in the Sosua/ Puerto Plata area. It looks from the stamps that it belongs to a tourist. It was well off the beaten path- no where where a tourist would have been for sure. I'm thinking maybe someone robbed this person and dumped what was unnecessary? I also found receipts from a stay in a hotel in a different country.

I have emailed the Canadian consulate in Puerto Plata with this person's full name and passport number- I'm probably going to go in person on Monday or Tuesday to turn it in.

If by chance anyone reading this is missing a passport from Canada, message me with your full name, where the Passport was issued, and your date of birth.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's a good thing that you're going to the Canadian consulate in person to
turn in the passport. Hopefully the person reported the passport missing.

lhotse

Jul 14, 2013
I think you may have found my passport. I've sent you a private message with my details and how to reach me. thank you.

loveydovey

Dec 16, 2011
Sorry guys- I posted a reply yesterday put it's not here now? Anyways- Thanks to DR1 I've connected with the person who owns the passport- I will let them share their story if they chose to!

loveydovey

Dec 16, 2011
There is no way I would trust the police here with a foreign passport. I'd rather have went out of my way to take it to the Canadian consulate in POP.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Sorry guys- I posted a reply yesterday put it's not here now? Anyways- Thanks to DR1 I've connected with the person who owns the passport- I will let them share their story if they chose to!

I am sure there is a lesson to be learned in the story.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Glad the owner got in touch with you. Since the owner of the passport hasn't spoken up, this is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.