Crime in the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, I think that it may be of some value for us to list the details of crimes that we are aware of. For accuracy sake maybe we should only list those that we know from 1st hand (poster as victim) or 2nd hand (victim told poster). I know that we have all been very concerned with crime here but I really feel that it has become so common that we just accept it as inevitable. Moderator feel free to put this wherever.

Last week parking area of Angora Mall SD 8:30PM solo female on cell phone returning to car two well dressed males both armed with pistols approached from behind told her "Doll just cooperate" and stroked her hair as reassurance! Asked for car key but victim said it is in the purse that they had taken. Suspects drove off in a nice jeepeta victim too scared to identify. Mall security said it was a common thing and not to worry. Some documents later recovered in trash. Cell phone, RD 5000 cash, and credit card taken.

Two weeks ago in front of UTESA gate Santiago 3:30pm very crowded fake gold chain ripped from neck. Victim only can say young (20ish) well dressed man.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There is no need for this thread!
What's your point????
To PROVE there is "crime" in the DR?
Just read the newspapers.
Listing a few "Crimes" has no rhyme or reason.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
With all due respect I think that if we know about current methods of operation it may help some of us to avoid being victims. Sorry if I have offended your sensibilities.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this thread is pointless. scrolling through last week's newspapers will tell you all you need to know. modus operandi? you have something thieves want and they will take it using any means possible. simple as that. there is no need to stroke anyone's dick with descriptions of crimes, how will it help? that when someone puts a gun against your head at the parking lot of agora mall you will feel all the better knowing it happened to someone else?

or will you claim now that knowing how criminals operate will save you from the crime? BS again. agora mall, jumbo, a parking lot in front of your house, any place is good. a knife, a gun, machete, any tool can serve the purpose.

warnings against the crime are no different in DR than in any other country: do not wander into bad areas, do not walk alone at night, do not flash jewelry, do not carry large amounts of cash. and all this is just as useless here in DR as it is in any other part of the world because you may exercise all care and still be killed, like this guy who was shot last week because he was 5 pesos short of complete payment.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
No offense but the thread just shows you that crime can happen anywhere here and to anyone. That we are all too well aware of.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Don't forget to close all gates leading to your house, with lock and key.If not
whatever you have in your front yard, ladder, hose, tools (you name it)will
disappear.Someone sees it, they will walk in and help themselves.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
yawn.jpg

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.