Homophobic Dominican Cardinal Facing Pedophilia Accusations In His Diocese

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Nicol?s de Jes?s L?pez Rodr?guez, a Catholic Cardinal from the Dominican Republic, is facing a great deal of controversy as of late. Cardinal de Jesus has recently come under fire for using a gay slur, ?maric?n? (which is generally translated to mean ?faggot?), to refer to James ?Wally? Brewster, Barack Obama?s gay nominee for U.S. ambassador to the Caribbean nation.

Now, the Cardinal could potentially be facing even greater trouble, thanks to accusations of pedophilia taking place in his diocese, as well as evidence of a potential cover up.

Dominican Today has reported that the ?Santiago Office of the Prosecutor on Wednesday announced it awaits the Immigration Agency to specify whether Catholic priest native of Poland, Wojciech (Alberto) Gil, accused of pedophilia by several families, left the country with another identity.? Gil managed to flee the country after the accusations began to draw attention to the small village of Janico. Two minors from the village have also left the country, although it has not yet been determined whether they did so in the company of the priest.

Cardinal de Jes?s L?pez Rodr?guez?s diocese announced that the priest has been placed on suspension, effective May 30. Although ASKARBENT has noted that said suspension was not reported until July 3. They were also quick to note the suspicious timing of certain events?

?Gosh, Cardinal Nicol?s de Jes?s L?pez Rodr?guez! Got any ideas about how, as public outrage mushroomed, your priest could have left the country so stealthily, perhaps under an assumed name and maybe even with two embarrassingly talkative minors? Have you thought about asking around ? maybe one of your other padres knows something! Maybe you do, but it slipped your mind? We?re guessing that the civil authorities would be all ears should you decide to favor them with your distinguished input. Don?t be shy, now; we know you can run your ecclesiastical mouth when you want to!?

Source: Towleroad.com

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Nicol?s de Jes?s L?pez Rodr?guez, a Catholic Cardinal from the Dominican Republic, is facing a great deal of controversy as of late. Cardinal de Jesus has recently come under fire for using a gay slur, “maric?n” (which is generally translated to mean “faggot”), to refer to James “Wally” Brewster, Barack Obama’s gay nominee for U.S. ambassador to the Caribbean nation.

Now, the Cardinal could potentially be facing even greater trouble, thanks to accusations of pedophilia taking place in his diocese, as well as evidence of a potential cover up.

Dominican Today has reported that the “Santiago Office of the Prosecutor on Wednesday announced it awaits the Immigration Agency to specify whether Catholic priest native of Poland, Wojciech (Alberto) Gil, accused of pedophilia by several families, left the country with another identity.” Gil managed to flee the country after the accusations began to draw attention to the small village of Janico. Two minors from the village have also left the country, although it has not yet been determined whether they did so in the company of the priest.

Cardinal de Jes?s L?pez Rodr?guez’s diocese announced that the priest has been placed on suspension, effective May 30. Although ASKARBENT has noted that said suspension was not reported until July 3. They were also quick to note the suspicious timing of certain events…

“Gosh, Cardinal Nicol?s de Jes?s L?pez Rodr?guez! Got any ideas about how, as public outrage mushroomed, your priest could have left the country so stealthily, perhaps under an assumed name and maybe even with two embarrassingly talkative minors? Have you thought about asking around — maybe one of your other padres knows something! Maybe you do, but it slipped your mind… We’re guessing that the civil authorities would be all ears should you decide to favor them with your distinguished input. Don’t be shy, now; we know you can run your ecclesiastical mouth when you want to!”

Source: Towleroad.com

Cardinal Nicky has always struck me as a man with the intellectual wherewithal of a drill bit.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
This is old news that has been discussed on multiple threads - are you trolling???

Hey chip. Are those threads in off topic? I was looking around to see if anyone had commented on a big news story regarding the ambassador and the cardinal. I've seen it reported and discussed all arou d the Internet, but not on dr1.

The video was surprising to see. Apparently an important and well regarded figure, who in this case seemed to be speaking unfiltered. Personally, I prefer rank outright easily identified bigotry as opposed to the soft, pernicious racism and homophobia I encounter among persons who identify as liberal. At least this guy was being honest with himself and his audience.

Dec 26, 2011
Hey chip. Are those threads in off topic? I was looking around to see if anyone had commented on a big news story regarding the ambassador and the cardinal. I've seen it reported and discussed all arou d the Internet, but not on dr1.

The video was surprising to see. Apparently an important and well regarded figure, who in this case seemed to be speaking unfiltered. Personally, I prefer rank outright easily identified bigotry as opposed to the soft, pernicious racism and homophobia I encounter among persons who identify as liberal. At least this guy was being honest with himself and his audience.

I posted a great article about it in Spanish 101. It appears it was removed. It was in Spanish. RD related. Current. Oh well.

Truth hurts?

Catholic church = child molesters in dresses.

You forgot:

All religions= Child molesters in dresses. But maybe that tastes worse if you are one of the hateful Evangelicals or other locos that crawl to the cross in another church.

I have noticed everytime the catholics are blamed for anything, then these semi-religious cockroaches comes out and try to grab members from the catholics, to "their" own safe church... or what they call these loco houses.

So if you are a member of another church NV_?! Well then i believe you are just crucing for a piece of arse for your church...

No offense of cource,.. You know the drill if you are an evangelical....

Dec 26, 2011
You forgot:

All religions= Child molesters in dresses. But maybe that tastes worse if you are one of the hateful Evangelicals or other locos that crawl to the cross in another church.

I have noticed everytime the catholics are blamed for anything, then these semi-religious cockroaches comes out and try to grab members from the catholics, to "their" own safe church... or what they call these loco houses.

So if you are a member of another church NV_?! Well then i believe you are just crucing for a piece of arse for your church...

No offense of cource,.. You know the drill if you are an evangelical....

NV_ belongs to the Church of Common Sense, if I'm not mistaken.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I would love to discuss this topic in this forum but it appears I am held to a different standard. Needless to say the facts are clear, child sex abuse is worse in public school systems.

Dec 26, 2011
I would love to discuss this topic in this forum but it appears I am held to a different standard. Needless to say the facts are clear, child sex abuse is worse in public school systems.

In the Dominican Republic? Aren't most teachers there Catholic or Evangelical?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
the reason that the threads were in off topic is that subjects of race or religion are not allowed here on DR1 and as you can see,, this particular one quickly deteriorates into a fight between the Catholics, the Evangelicals and the Atheists...

So yes, it was orginally posted and discussed in off topic.

when it happened.

I think that the blog has it wrong in that I do not thing that there are any youngsters still in Europe with the missing priest. He was in Poland.. supposedly on a long scheduled vacation but he evidently went over with young boys and some adults from his parish who all returned while the priest did not.

The Cardinal here is notably homophobic and noted also for mnay anti Haitian statements.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

no Chip. we all read the warning. it had something to do with hijacking threads , and discussing matters which belonged in the off topic forum..

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the reason that the threads were in off topic is that subjects of race or religion are not allowed here on DR1 and as you can see,, this particular one quickly deteriorates into a fight between the Catholics, the Evangelicals and the Atheists...

So yes, it was orginally posted and discussed in off topic.

when it happened.

I think that the blog has it wrong in that I do not thing that there are any youngsters still in Europe with the missing priest. He was in Poland.. supposedly on a long scheduled vacation but he evidently went over with young boys and some adults from his parish who all returned while the priest did not.

The Cardinal here is notably homophobic and noted also for mnay anti Haitian statements.

and he is notably neanderthal, and ignorant. to refer to the ambassadorial choice as a maricon shows why people in advanced countries have disdain for the Dominican intellect.

May 29, 2006
I dunno about ALL religions. Just the ones in which some people say they are representing God more than others.

Molesters, just like rapists and men who hit their wives and kids, are into dominance because they feel helpless unless they can control someone. They can't control themselves, so they control others.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we already discussed it in off topic. sliding off the off topic as far as possible too. i believe there are no new developments of this case. i have seen nada more in DR and i just checked there is nothing on the polish side either.

Status
Not open for further replies.