Residency renewal date?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
My sincere apologies if this has been answered before. Searched and searched and no luck. Migracion telefono was a no go too.

My permanent residency expires next month. Anyone know if I can start the process before August or does it have to be during August or once expired? Cedula's fine, still good til 2016.

Thanks!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Ours was renewed in October and we started the process in September without early application being an issue.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you can start the process up to 3 months before expiry date, if i remember it right. we talked about it some time ago... only cedula can be renewed after expiry date, residency can be started before...

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
45 day grace period

Early application should not be an issue. If you have a permanent residency you have a grace period of 45 days from the expiration date to acquire the new residency. Be mindful you have to have your medical exam performed which includes blood test and x-rays. When the medical exam is performed you have to wait ten business days to receive the results (weekends and holidays do not count). The day you are supposed to receive the results has to be before the end of the grace period.

Regards and good luck,

PJT

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I was told by a lawyer that the renewal process can be started 30 days prior to expiration, meaning that the medical exam cannot be taken earlier than that. After two weeks the results should be ready and you can go in for renewal. The medical results will remain valid for one year. There are late fees of 1,100 pesos per month (cedula and residency permit combined) for every month after your expiration date.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
KateP, are you planning to renew at the Ver?n office? If so would be interested to hear how it goes.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
KateP, are you planning to renew at the Ver?n office? If so would be interested to hear how it goes.

As far as I know the Veron office is practically useless... will try to go by on Friday to see what they say. Would LOVE to save 2 trips to SD for this!! (don't mind going for Pricesmart though lol!)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
great, Kate, will be interesting to hear if the Veron office ois good for something.
not that ia am in a hurry, i am still good on both residency and cedula til 2021, but it is about time that they get such services running here on a Eastshore office.
what about drivers license, any office on the East? mine will expire september 18th. at least with the new highway La Romana is not far away anymore for that one.

Mike

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
great, Kate, will be interesting to hear if the Veron office ois good for something.
not that ia am in a hurry, i am still good on both residency and cedula til 2021, but it is about time that they get such services running here on a Eastshore office.
what about drivers license, any office on the East? mine will expire september 18th. at least with the new highway La Romana is not far away anymore for that one.

Mike

Driver license renewal for the east is still done in La Romana.

The Veron office of migration is window dressing only. During February when PJT did his renewal they could not even find the form having the list of requirements for residency renewal. All renewal functions are performed in Santo Domingo.

First and most important. Arrive to migration between 8 - 8:30 am and have all your documents in order with many copies available. Be willing to endure.

Regards,

PJT