Pics of paved roads in el cortecito?

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Hi DR1 friends, Im out of the country and I know all Cortecito roads and paths have been paved!!!
Any friendly guy could send some pictures so I can see how everything looks like there?
I think that with paved roads El Cortecito must look thousand times nicer.
Thanks a lot!

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Nice! That tempts me to bring my bicycle for my 3-month trip. I could ride early in the day before the roads get too crazy

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
just back from two weeks. all of the little roads around the condo complexes in Cortecito have been paved... and it's a definite improvement for walking. Of course, as with all things it's a double edged sword. Now there is a bit of traffic coming through trying to avoid the congestion and speed bumps along the main road in front of Playa Turquesa, Barcelo Dom. Beach, etc. Most notable are the empty tour vehicles and some other larger commercial trucks etc. Walkers beware. While the road improvements are a definite plus... I have to admit that I miss the "ambiance" of walking down a coral rock road under the tropical sun. I can get more than enough "asphalt" here in the States... in the D.R., it takes away a small slice of the "island feel" to my home-away-from-home. Yea... My wife calls me crazy.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I met the new owners of the photobar, really nice guys who own other bars in the DR, they were remodelling when I met them.
How is the place now? It used to be so good a few years back, hoping that " good food and great music" has returned!

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Ruben

Go onto DR4sale.com and you can see all of the newly paved roads in the area....looks really nice and clean .....for now;)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I met the new owners of the photobar, really nice guys who own other bars in the DR, they were remodelling when I met them.
How is the place now? It used to be so good a few years back, hoping that " good food and great music" has returned!

I didn't get a chance to visit the PhotoBar, it was on my long list of "to do's" that the calendar interrupted. Will have to give it a try next visit.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
... While the road improvements are a definite plus... I have to admit that I miss the "ambiance" of walking down a coral rock road under the tropical sun. I can get more than enough "asphalt" here in the States... in the D.R., it takes away a small slice of the "island feel" to my home-away-from-home. Yea... My wife calls me crazy.

Sadly it was never "coral rock road"... it was a dusty mess that flooded horribly when it rained. The pavement is a vast improvement.

bluenose

Dec 31, 2007
Streets and sidewalks are nice and a great improvement. However, now we have much increased traffic with vehicles taking the back roads in order to avoid going through the El Dorado intersection and Dominican Beach road.
I live in Palm Suites and notice much of this, including commercial trucks, tour vans, etc.
Cannot always have everything, after all we are in the DR.....and drivers beware, slow down, for most go zooming through the streets in whatever direction they are heading, never slowing at the cross streets. There is going to be a T-bone one of these days.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
I didn't get a chance to visit the PhotoBar, it was on my long list of "to do's" that the calendar interrupted. Will have to give it a try next visit.

PhotoBar is now Onno's Bavaro (same chain as in Cabarete & casa de campo)

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Ruben

Go onto DR4sale.com and you can see all of the newly paved roads in the area....looks really nice and clean .....for now;)

When you originally made this comment, I did go there to search out the photos......no joy.
Could you provide a bit more detail about where in DR4sale one can view all the pics of paved roads in ElCortecito?
I am curious yellow...(lol.)

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Besides all the sidewalks and newly paved roads there are reflectors down the center line and on each side of the road that lights it all up at night, boy was that a nice suprise when your driving at night!!