Felix Sanchez (my cat) needs a foster home!

emiliamce7

Jul 15, 2013
I seem to be not the only one who needs help fostering a pet.

We named our cat after the olympic gold medalist Felix Sanchez because when we met her she was running and jumping all over the place.

We are going to be in the UK for a while and we want Felix to come with us but she needs to spend some more time in DR before she can travel, (we have not yet told her about the cold weather).

She is only ten months old. she is playful, she chirps and she likes chasing lizards, birds and tennis balls.

She is fully vaccinated and de-wormed and all those things. We will cover all expenses, we would just really like her to be with some people rather than in kennels. She would need to be fostered for two months.

If you can help out or know someone who can, I would be so grateful.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Why don't you bring her with you if you're going for a while ?

If you read the OP's message again, it seems to be that the cat will be going to the UK, but must first spend 2 more months in the DR. Perhaps this is due to some travel requirement.

emiliamce7

Jul 15, 2013
Where are you located? It would help to know for those of us who may be interested.

Sorry guys, I realise that there are lots of things I didn't tell you.

We do want to take Felix with us but our vet screwed us over, and didn't tell us that after all the vaccinations and tests there is a three month wait before travel. Instead she milked us for as much money we were willing to give for all sorts of extraneous tests. We only found this out at the beginning of July and we are set to travel in a couple of weeks. GUTTED.

We are actually living in Haiti and will pass through Santo Domingo, so if there is anyone who would be so kind to foster the cutest kitten for two months, my boyfriend and I would be incredibly appreciative. You can expect eternal gratitude, Haitian rum and more than a few eternal thank yous.

As I said, she is fully vaccinated, very friendly and extremely cuddly. I can post a picture if you like (especially if someone explains to me how to do it).

We would be taking the cat over at end of July/ beginning of August, and would be willing to cover all expenses incurred with regards to her.

Help? Please?

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I don't get the 3 months wait period before traveling...

When I came here 2 yrs ago, I brought my 2 himalayan cats from Qu?bec with me and they had to have had their vaccination maximum 10 days before entering the DR. Is the law in the UK much different ? Or is it a rule for exiting the country ??