Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to find used books

I am looking for any bookstore where I can buy, exchange or trade any English/French books (novels).

I know 2 places in Puerto Plata (The Meeting Place and a small bookstore in front of Caribe Tours) but I need more books. I read 1 book per day.

So if anyone has books to give or sell, or know a place on the North Coast, please let me know.

Thank you.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a used book store in Sosua behind the Checkpoint bar. Its the same plaza that the Friends of animal of Sosua has their store. They have a lot of books and good prices. Hope this helps

3. Likes Thatoneguy liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drescape24 View Post
    There is a used book store in Sosua behind the Checkpoint bar. Its the same plaza that the Friends of animal of Sosua has their store. They have a lot of books and good prices. Hope this helps
    If in Rio San Juan try Hotel Bahia Blanca on the town beach. They have numerous boxes of books left by guests. Maybe swop or buy, I get them for free cause I know them.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The next time someone from POP comes down to the Capital they should stop by the Helen Kellog Libray in Santo Domingo and stock up .. there are really a huge number of paper backs.. of real literary value, not just beach reads but those as well.. for sale at 20 pesos each. https://www.facebook.com/KelloggLibrary

one of my reasons for living within walking distance. I still like to flip pages. Kindle does not always cut it for me.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

costambar has a library: english, german, french. nothing from upper shelves but normal reads. main street, next door to the pharmacy.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHA...i got a new book coming out in a couple of days. it will be available on Kindles, Apple Ipads, Nooks, etc. Personally, i think its the funniest book you'll ever read. Only 100 pages. But, of course, i am biased.

But look, that's not what i really wanted to tell you. I have boxes of books at my place in Cabarete. If you can wait until August 20th, there will be someone there to loan you as many books as your heart desires...James Michener? check! Hunter S. Thompson? Check? Jared Diamond? Check! Mark Kurlansky? Check. William Burroghs? Check! Walter Mosley? Check! Nick Hornby? Check! Hemingway? Check! Martin Amis? Check! Hitchens? Check! Sam Harris? Check! Thomas Sowell? Check! Check! probably the most diverse book collection you've ever seen.

I only have two boxes of books left. Ever since i've gotten an Amazon Kindle, i've made it my mission to give away all of my books. Too much weight, too much space, too much oxygen, and too much mold.

PM me around August 20th and remind me. First come, first serve.

Frank

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a bunch and may be looking to get rid of them. Email me at [email protected] i have a bunch of spy novels, police novels, Tom Clancy stuff and historical novels

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank12 View Post
    .....................James Michener? check! Hunter S. Thompson? Check? Jared Diamond? Check! Mark Kurlansky? Check. William Burroghs? Check! Walter Mosley? Check! Nick Hornby? Check! Hemingway? Check! Martin Amis? Check! Hitchens? Check! Sam Harris? Check! Thomas Sowell? Check! Check! probably the most diverse book collection you've ever seen.

Frank
    What...no Carl Hiaasen?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyinroom View Post
    What...no Carl Hiaasen?
    I've been reading about Hiaasen for a long, long time, but have not got around to reading anything by him. Shame. What would you recommend by him?

Hoot? Flush? Scat? Skinny Dip? Sick Puppy?

Thanks, Frank

11. Likes flyinroom liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

don't trust frank. we'll make you pay for the books with your body.

13. Likes frank12 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast