New cafe - Abreu/Cabrera

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There is a new cafe - Capuccino - just west of Abreu.

It's located in a leafy vivero, has Wi-Fi and makes many items on-site.
Greek yogurt, cheeses, fresh milk, juices, eggs , hamburgers, chili dogs....and of course, coffees all delicious.

After passing Playa Grande, its just a few minutes on the left.

Capuccino and Flor Cafe.

Actually, the milk comes from RD's best milk producing cows (as determined by the annual 'cow contest' in SD)

Well worth a stop for any weary traveler:)

krwilson

Apr 18, 2008
Thanks for this post. My friends and family stopped here on the way to El Catey airport on Saturday. I was expecting some little type cafe but this place is fabulous and beautiful. Not cheap by Dominican standards but the quality and ambiance is great. We just had some Greek yogurt with fruit and coffee, and it was excellent. I have never had this type of yogurt before and it is rich, creamy and now on my list of things to do. 150 pesos for the yogurt with fruit and a very good portion so it is well worth it plus it is delicious! All dairy is fresh. And you get to enjoy your servings at a selection of seating in amongst the trees, cooler and comfortable. We will definitely return to this place when possible.

Last edited:

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
I will go ahead and recommend this place as well!! We love going there for a brunch or lunch. Yes, it is a bit more pricy than most places in this area but the food and drinks are all delicious, but most of all, the setting is just amazing. So peaceful and beautiful. And we always get a litre of the milk to go. It is so tasty and fresh.. will be very hard to ever go back to cartons of UHT milk now.