Sosua Real Estate

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I know lots of changes happening in Sosua. Does anyone have any valuable feedback on the Real Estate potential?

I here different things about Mulata and Perla Marina and usually its just the negatives about crime.

What areas of Sosua would be considered the best areas for a house and large lot?

Would one expect Real Estate to take a hit in Sosua or is it a decent bet as long as you buy low and get the right deal?

I know this will be a tough request but please no BS replies or assumptions by those who do not live or have decent knowledge of the area.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hmm, you took it out of my mind... My wife and I was talking about this a few weeks ago, it might be a good time to invest in the North shores of DR now.

We like Cabarete better than Pto. pta. or Sosua city.

JJ

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Hmm, you took it out of my mind... My wife and I was talking about this a few weeks ago, it might be a good time to invest in the North shores of DR now.

We like Cabarete better than Pto. pta. or Sosua city.

JJ

A good time to buy in NC, please explain would like your thoughts

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
It seems that the lowest priced houses have been selling, quite hard to find a good deal near cab right now (that is legit!).

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
It appears to me the established gated communities are still doing ok, although pricing appears a bit off compared to peak. Real estate agents tell me houses below 200k in the well known gated communities are selling as long the house is in excellent condition and perceived as good value. Myself, I wouldn't even consider anything outside a well established gated community for both financial and security reasons. It really depends on your budget but my top choices are:

Terramar from 190,000

Residencial Hispaniola from 190,000

Casa Linda from 160,000

Haciendas El Choco from 700,000

Sea Horse Ranch from 500,000

Perla Marina from 150,000 ( gated but not the level of security or management of the other communities listed)

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
It appears to me the established gated communities are still doing ok, although pricing appears a bit off compared to peak. Real estate agents tell me houses below 200k in the well known gated communities are selling as long the house is in excellent condition and perceived as good value. Myself, I wouldn't even consider anything outside a well established gated community for both financial and security reasons. It really depends on your budget but my top choices are:

Terramar from 190,000

Residencial Hispaniola from 190,000

Casa Linda from 160,000

Haciendas El Choco from 700,000

Sea Horse Ranch from 500,000

Perla Marina from 150,000 ( gated but not the level of security or management of the other communities listed)

I appreciate the feedback! Does anyone have a Sosua map of barrios where I can see exactly where these areas are?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I think a good first question is Gated or not Gated. Advantages to both, but the lack of any real zoning laws in Sosua make this an important question.

Non-Gated residential areas can fall in and out of favor. Their original "luster" can fade, and pricing values drop. That's not to say you can't find a great free standing villa that will hold it's value and be a safe place to live. But you really need to do your homework ahead of time.

I lean towards gated. While I believe changes are coming to the North coast, nothing is etched in stone and those changes may take forever. By purchasing something in an established gated community with a good track record for quality work and honest dealings, you avoid a lot of potential mishaps.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You can get a good deal now on waterfront condos in Cabarete especially on the east side. Many owners are interested in selling as the beach has been experiencing erosion for the last 18 months or so. Or you can travel to Santiago and pay half of what you would pay in Cabarete.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I have a real estate office in Sosua and I think Waynes list is spot on although some parts of Perla Marina are better than others.

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
contact keith Watson at ...keith@watsonhomes.tv or ring his office on 809 571 1748 im sure he,ll be happy to show you properties, buy cheap and spend the saving on modernizing it and making it your dream home,,,,,, mention me ,,,,,,,,I might get a drink out of him,,,lol

sicknote

Jun 9, 2009
contact keith Watson at ,,,keith@watsonhomes.tv or call his office on 809 571 1748 im sure he,d gladly show you properties, ,,buy now while there are good deals and spend the money on repairs to make it your dream home,,,,mention me I might even get a drink out of him,,lol

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I couldn't live in a non gated community. I need rules and regulations that reflect the way I am used to living. Plus your values have a better chances increasing. Perla Merilna is nice but you will need transportation. El batey has some very nice condo complexes ...infinity blue, the garden condos, Hispaniola sol.....to name a few. Good luck and happy hunting.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I know lots of changes happening in Sosua. Does anyone have any valuable feedback on the Real Estate potential?

I here different things about Mulata and Perla Marina and usually its just the negatives about crime.

What areas of Sosua would be considered the best areas for a house and large lot?

Would one expect Real Estate to take a hit in Sosua or is it a decent bet as long as you buy low and get the right deal?

I know this will be a tough request but please no BS replies or assumptions by those who do not live or have decent knowledge of the area.

Anytime someone asks about real estate everyone jumps in. Mostly those that have a financial interest. And most post about real estate are started by someone with a financial interest. Go figure?

What do you consider a "large lot"? Some that are mentioned are on very small lots and at least one you have to buy what they have. Do you want to build or buy something already done? Willing to remodel? Why/what about the large lot and what do you want to do with it? Are you looking at a long term your home or flipping?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Anytime someone asks about real estate everyone jumps in. Mostly those that have a financial interest. And most post about real estate are started by someone with a financial interest. Go figure?

What do you consider a "large lot"? Some that are mentioned are on very small lots and at least one you have to buy what they have. Do you want to build or buy something already done? Willing to remodel? Why/what about the large lot and what do you want to do with it? Are you looking at a long term your home or flipping?

Large lot Im referencing is 3000-3500 sq meters with a large house already built say approx. 500 sq meters

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Large lot Im referencing is 3000-3500 sq meters with a large house already built say approx. 500 sq meters

So you want a SMALL lot with house in place and NOT just a large lot that you OP'ed. Geeezzz.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Who you calling small farm boy:cheeky: lets get out the tape measure and see whose bigger

No problem! Not calling YOU small, just what you are looking for. 3,000 - 3,500 M2 is not a large lot to some and huge to others.

With your new info that helps you and others can better narrow things down. Now add your price range and you will get more info then you ever wanted. How many bedrooms in the house? Pool?