Transport Santiago to Costambar

R Michael Piedra

Jul 19, 2013
I will be arriving early in the morning into Santiago and need to transfer to Costambar. Buses are not options when I arrive.

What is the one-way cost to hire a taxi (including propina)?
If I chose to rent a car instead as I will need a return to Santiago, is the journey safe to make (including quality of roads) in the middle of the night?

Thank you.

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
(809) 581-3000

Give emitaxi a call. if you need a cab its cheap. they sure are a good company with modern cars and descent prices :) went with them from santiago to cabarete for only 2000 peso. Unidad 630 ( george) speaks english and is honestly the friendliest cab driver i have ever met living in santiago. Dont take one from the airport. Just dial the number on a payphone and voila

R Michael Piedra

Jul 19, 2013
Will they pickup at STI in the middle of the night, a la 3 de la ma?ana and do you know if I can reserve a taxi by phone from the US before I come and pay in US dollars? Thank you for your kind assistance.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
One more question. While I like to believe I speak Spanish ok, when I call is there someone who speaks English in case I stumble on my tongue? Thanks for being so helpful.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Can anyone tell me if I am able to book a taxi in advance from the states? I'd like to use Emitaxi but don't want to first call for a ride in the middle of the night. I would rather call a week or so before I arrive. Just one less thing I have to think about or worry about at 2 am.