True? Lifestyle purchased Luperon Beach Resort?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My BIL from Luperon just told us that Lifestyle purchased the Beach Resort there?

Does anybody know more?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hope so. this area is simply stunning. and with lots of TLC and money it can be turned into earthly paradise. more so than cofresi part since it is more remote, quiet and chilling. maybe it will cater to those who want more peace...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i hope so. this area is simply stunning. and with lots of TLC and money it can be turned into earthly paradise. more so than cofresi part since it is more remote, quiet and chilling. maybe it will cater to those who want more peace...

Agreed. When we stayed at Lifestyles we did a day-trip down to Luperon, and we were both mesmerized. Quiet, unspoiled, empty. Reminded me of the first time we went to Sosua - in 1978. Let's hope it stays as it is now.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My wife is from there. I lived there from 1997 - 2000. Beautiful area indeed but end of world...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
every time we have visitors we go that way. for one, my FIL has a finca on the road to luperon. some of our guests were so mesmerized at this point they'd stay there for the rest of the trip if only we let them :) two, the road is really fantastic and there are few places where you can buy great dulce de mani, batatas and other goodies. then when you pass luperon beach resort you can take one of the dirt roads to lead you to the beach. still pretty much unspoiled: very clean, shallow and warm water. not many people, no loud music, safe. a real treat. drive a bit further and you arrive to la isabela. it is a shame that museo de cristobal colon is in such bad shape. a bit of TLC, a major cleanup and some cash would bring it to a former glory, thou. maybe reviving luperon would result in influx of tourism there and cause some changes. the beach along the museum is out of limits and it's a shame because it is rather stunning (yes, you can tell we sneaked past the fence and went there).

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
The biggest reason for Luperon Resorts demise was that Luperon itself has always had a short supply of fresh water and the horrible infrastructure that was installed to pump/deliver it to the resort if they can overcome that obstacle it could work but that's a very big obstacle and having a well on site won't work as the ground water is still too salty from being so close to the bay

Good Luck

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
HERE's the story on how Luper?n grew ten times its size in 20 years (and not by the hotel).
HERE's the story on how Luper?n got destroyed while its population stood by.

"Un genio para matar la gallina de huevos de oro"

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
It would be even better if lifestyle also took over the long abandoned resort as well.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I don't see anything happening out there for many yrs. to come , the infrastructure needs way to much work, and the beaches suck , and it's out in the middle of nowhere , just my opinion.but it does have a safe harbor.