2013 Multi Cultural Gourmet Event In Sosua Late September

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

After the overwhelming success of the previous two years, for the third time another Multicultural Gourmet Event will be held in late September in Sos?a. Last year, more than 25 restaurants took part (with a stand) at the three-day event.

They thereby brought their culinary specialties under the attention of the public. There were dishes from many countries which were tasted eagerly by the residents and also by the tourists. Besides that visitors could enjoy the many dishes there were also a number of performances by musical and folkloric dance groups. This year there are music, dance and theater performances on the program. The festival takes place in the park of the Flowers (Parque Las Flores) located next to the Sos?a Bay Center. The organization of the event is in the hands of TURISOPP, UMPC, ADSS and the municipality of Sos?a. Again this year the festival will be closed with a performance of a nationally known merengue band

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
It is good but the restaurants that are present during the festival just do not understand that this is all about promoting their restaurants, NOT making a profit. I have done over 15 food festivals in my time and the whole idea is to create samples of your food to entice people to your restaurant. Last year there was virtually nothing that would have enticed me due to their prices. I think that the worst one was Dracula...they were selling tiny kebabs with a very small amount of salad for 150 pesos...way too expensive for a sample and oh, the restaurant is now closed down...go figure! The festivals that I did back in Canada were based on tokens. One token was one dollar. So all food establishments were told to provide three different food samples, one for a dollar, one for two dollars and one for three dollars. This way there was complete control over pricing. The system worked perfectly and it was nothing to do with making profit although I would say that just about every stand definitely did not lose money as just about everyone always sold out...why? Because there was control. If they could do the same in Sosua it would be much bigger than it is now. If anybody knows the organizers of this event perhaps they should suggest it.