Baseball caps

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I'm wondering what Dominicans think of foreigners who wear baseball caps. Does it give the impression someone is low class, sporty, poor, etc.? I don't recall seeing many people wearing them in Santo Domingo, but I wasn't looking out for it either. I quite like to wear my (Detroit Tigers) baseball cap in the summer when it gets hot.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm wondering what Dominicans think of foreigners who wear baseball caps. Does it give the impression someone is low class, sporty, poor, etc.? I don't recall seeing many people wearing them in Santo Domingo, but I wasn't looking out for it either. I quite like to wear my (Detroit Tigers) baseball cap in the summer when it gets hot.

Wearing a baseball cap is no problem. Dominicans are very interested in baseball.

What I don't understand is why you don't wear it year around if in the Dominican Republic.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Wearing a baseball cap is no problem. Dominicans are very interested in baseball.

What I don't understand is why you don't wear it year around if in the Dominican Republic.

I'm not currently living in the Dominican Republic.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what are you, jay-z? justin beaver? why would you wear a cap? from the house to the car, the car to the whatever place you are visiting, back to the car. no heat. no sun. no bother. the only people i see wearing a baseball cap on a daily basis are motoconcho drivers and those young chopos who wear their jeans half way down their skinny little asses.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I see a lot of bugs bunny baseball caps, I'm not sure what the appeal is of them but they are very popular with adults for some reason.
Baseball caps in the capital are common, but it's so hot all the time I can't understand....... Or maybe it makes sense on the brain frying aspect of things.

I used to wear my Yankee hat all the time here at first but since i sweat no matter what I wear it less often. Dominicans seem to love their Baseball hats so since I do too, I wear it if it is cooler! It probably makes me look like more of a hoodrat but that is my thing here!
I do take it off in appropriate places b/c that is what I was taught.

I thought of bringing my Toques on my way back from my visit to Can, since many Dominicans seem to wear them on the hottest days. I WILL NEVER understand this!