Arrested in Santiago

Adam Bolla

Jul 21, 2013
I got arrested in Santiago and made bail but never returned for court. Can I travel back to the DR without being arrested at the airport?

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Depends , What were you arrested for ?

And bail or "bail"

Leave from haiti ? Could be no problem at airport here, it depends if you are really wanted or not.

Adam Bolla

Jul 21, 2013
Bail was $RD30000 I stayed there 9 months waiting for court but ran out of money. So I left through Haiti. Would like to go back someday but don't want to be in Jail as soon as I arrive.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
So did you have a "impedimento(sp?) de salida" so you could not leave the Dominican Republic?

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
did they get your id or passport when they arrested you maybe if they didnt get any info off your passport you might be ok. i have two seatbelt tickets and a speeding ticket and was able to leave and come back and get a rental

May 29, 2006
Coming back sounds like the dumbest idea possible. Yeah they might let you in, then take you straight to prison for skipping bail. Dominican prisons, without money, are only marginally better than Haitian ones.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Do you want to come back to cleare up this leagle problem ? I think it has a lot to do with what you did .

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
How long ago was this? You said you stayed for 9 months in the DR after bail as posted.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
is there anything in DR worth risking your neck for? i would not come back, if i were you.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
At what point did they take the passport from you? Was it at a return date to the fiscal or primarily on arrest? On arrest I doubt they put an impediment on it, the clowns at lock up can hardly read or write and so I very much doubt they managed anything as complicated as a photocopy.
If it was at your first visit to court then you may well have had an impediment put on your passport.

People are speculating on the severity of what you were held for making any difference, but surely an impediment is an impediment, whether for child maintenance, fighting or drug trafficing.

I think you would be nuts to come back here, it is a sh1t hole of a place to have to take any chance on being locked up, even for a few days, if you skipped once they will probably not allow you out this time which means being locked up until a court date is arranged.

You could come in back through Haiti and risk it if you have a child you need to see, but I'd not move far from the border just in case you do need to get out of dodge.

My opinion, find a new Dominican Republic, nothing here that important!

Adam Bolla

Jul 21, 2013
They gave my passport back to me after I saw the Judge the first time. Then I went to sign the books at the courthouse every month for 6 months...was waiting on court date but my attorney said it might be another year before I see the judge.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
The DR is cracking down on Homosexual pedophiles.

I'm not sure what you're being charged with but you should tread carefully. The people of DR don't like that type here.

I guess that means you are one of the governments 10 most wanted. Being abused and bullied your whole life is not an excuse. lol