My Wife needs a dance Partner!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I'm not into dancing to the DR Music. The Wife LOVES it. Anyone guy out there want to have a dance partner at various places in Sabaneta, Cab or Sosua?
Only pimping her out for dancing she wouldn't be into anything else...trust me :cheeky:

how about learning to dance the music here, and avoid misunderstandings? i went to dance school to learn Latin dances. learnt the merengue in 20 minutes. salsa took me months, and i was never that good. bachata? i would not pay money to learn that.

She's blond curly hair, skiny, 5'7, blue eyes and good looking lol. One of the sweetest people you will ever meet! I thought of putting her pic up but she put the pics up for me before. I will attempt to do it!! If not, I will wait till tom for her to do it for me. Also a good dancer would be a major plus!

I would prefer a decent looking guy as well . I don't want my wife dancing with a 60 year old pot bellied dude! Race does not matter, just no ugly older dudes ;-)

how about learning to dance the music here, and avoid misunderstandings? i went to dance school to learn Latin dances. learnt the merengue in 20 minutes. salsa took me months, and i was never that good. bachata? i would not pay money to learn that.

Ya I guess I could do that, but it's not really my thing and me being SOOO white I have nothing on the guys here. She would like me to learn. Maybe just for the near future she could get a partner to dance with until a year or two goes by and my skills improve :) I used to kill it at Raves but this ain't no Rave dancing!

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Merengue is a cinch. Its all in the hips (you'll need to grease your hip joints). I'm sure you've seen it. See it some more, but now relax and see it critically. Nothing to it, right? Very simple 1 - 2, 1 - 2, 1 - 2, with the legs (like walking), and when you reconcile the legs you bring it up to the hips, sort of like in a rocking motion with the hips leading the way. There aren't many things more intriguing than a white couple dancing merengue correctly. You don't have to be all over the place. Dance conservatively until you build confidence. Then you can add. Practice in the privacy of your home alot (in front of a mirror if you have one). If you take to merengue, and dancing in general, you can try another dance. I recommend bachata, not salsa (salsa is a different bird). You dance bachata tight to your partner, so she can lead you with her body movements. Don't be afraid. Regret is a negative thing.

I taught myself to dance what little I know. I went through feelings of ineptness and inadequacy. It was frightful. But I determined to learn. I went through embarassing rejections from dance partners (men always subject themselves to this when asking a lady out to dance). But this was expected, so I won the half-battle. I don't dance as often anymore but still rise to the occasion when need be.

My wife and I met on a dance floor in NYC. Although my sense is that sharing is the right thing, I hate seeing other men dance with her. I think she feels the same way about me. You, HRock, have an opportunity. Something about the right place at the right time, or something. Good luck.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ya I guess I could do that, but it's not really my thing and me being SOOO white I have nothing on the guys here. She would like me to learn. Maybe just for the near future she could get a partner to dance with until a year or two goes by and my skills improve :) I used to kill it at Raves but this ain't no Rave dancing!

went to a school in NYC called DanceSport, to learn latin. i was there when Al Pacino was studying the tango for the movie Scent of a Woman. (the best movie of all time, by the way). and no, he did not become my bosom buddy, for all who might wonder. the baddest salsa dancer there was a white cat from Maine. he was bad as sin! no competition. he was whiter than chalk. my instructor was from Norway....forget the skin color thing, and go have some fun.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I'm not into dancing myself. I don't mind my girl dancing with other people. However, one thing I learned is to be wary of a regular dance partner. Social dancing, specially in DR, is considered the prelude for more serious things. Even if nothing happens, people will see you like a cornudo (and we all know the cuernos don't hurt, the gossip does). So, one or two songs is OK, a whole night of dancing with the same partner is a no-no. Let her be in a dance group, where partners are interchanged during the whole session.

Dec 26, 2011
I'm not into dancing myself. I don't mind my girl dancing with other people. However, one thing I learned is to be wary of a regular dance partner. Social dancing, specially in DR, is considered the prelude for more serious things. Even if nothing happens, people will see you like a cornudo (and we all know the cuernos don't hurt, the gossip does). So, one or two songs is OK, a whole night of dancing with the same partner is a no-no. Let her be in a dance group, where partners are interchanged during the whole session.

I couldn't agree more.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

for me, it just opens too many doors. Harley is a guy from a country with completely different social dynamics. to allow some Dominican guy to waltz the night away with your wife is not a sage idea. it could be the start of several really bad things. Dominicans do not know how to balance those things. i would stay away.

when i lived in NYC, one thing that always struck me was the complete difference between Dominicans and Puerto Ricans , as far as women were concerned. if a Puerto Rican guy saw a lovely woman walking with a man, he showed him utmost respect. Dominicans, on the other hand, would exhibit some agricultural behavior, bellowing out things like " ay, que culo", and other such inanities, with total disregard for the presence of the man.

the rank and file guy here is not sufficiently evolved socially for me to invite problems by having my wife dance with him. better to stay home and watch Seinfeld reruns.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
fif a Puerto Rican guy saw a lovely woman walking with a man, he showed him utmost respect. Dominicans, on the other hand, would exhibit some agricultural behavior, bellowing out things like " ay, que culo", and other such inanities, with total disregard for the presence of the man.

That reminds me of one time I was dragged by my then girlfriend to a disco. Just the two of us. I told her there was no point because I was not going to dance with her, but she insisted, and off we went. After about 1 hour of deafening loud bachata, techno and Salsa, I was ready to leave and I told her I'd go to the restroom before we left. There was, of course, a line to access the restroom and practically a whole set of salsa played while I was in the process of using the restroom. When I finally got out I saw her dancing with some guy from the table next to us. I went back to our table and they both looked nervous. When the song ended, all I said to him was "dude, I don't mind if you want to take my girl out to the dance floor, but I'll give you a useful advice: when you want to invite a girl who is not alone to dance, make sure her partner is present, otherwise you're asking for trouble.". Now, I'm 6"+, 200+ lbs and have this tough look (just the look), and while the guy was trying to articulate an explanation, the girl was calling me "rude" and things like that. I just turned around and left. While I drove home, she kept calling me, yelling at me, asking how I dared to leave her there alone". "You made your choice" was all I said. Never saw her again. Lesson learned: no discos for me. No trusting others when dancing is involved. Works for me.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That reminds me of one time I was dragged by my then girlfriend to a disco. Just the two of us. I told her there was no point because I was not going to dance with her, but she insisted, and off we went. After about 1 hour of deafening loud bachata, techno and Salsa, I was ready to leave and I told her I'd go to the restroom before we left. There was, of course, a line to access the restroom and practically a whole set of salsa played while I was in the process of using the restroom. When I finally got out I saw her dancing with some guy from the table next to us. I went back to our table and they both looked nervous. When the song ended, all I said to him was "dude, I don't mind if you want to take my girl out to the dance floor, but I'll give you a useful advice: when you want to invite a girl who is not alone to dance, make sure her partner is present, otherwise you're asking for trouble.". Now, I'm 6"+, 200+ lbs and have this tough look (just the look), and while the guy was trying to articulate an explanation, the girl was calling me "rude" and things like that. I just turned around and left. While I drove home, she kept calling me, yelling at me, asking how I dared to leave her there alone". "You made your choice" was all I said. Never saw her again. Lesson learned: no discos for me. No trusting others when dancing is involved. Works for me.

Castle, here is the deal. if i cannot understand your viewpoints, and your way of doing things, i do not want to intertwine my life with yours past a very rudimentary point. that point does not extend to dancing with my wife on a prolonged basis. the odd song , yes, but not some night of terpsichorean gymnastics. Dominican men are products of an extremely promiscuous society, wherein brothers sleep with theirs brother's wife. their view of sex is a little more casual than yours, and they might just mistake some of her mannerisms to mean that she wants to bed some legendary Dominican loving man. bad idea.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Was the OP lobbying for a Domincan dance partner or an expat? Not that it makes too much difference.)

it does, too. there are some expat serpents, which is a fact that we all know. however, it is far easier to deal with them than some guy to whom you cannot read the riot act without fear of him considering putting a knife in your ass.

Dec 26, 2011
What the gorgon and Castle are explaining most eloquently is that the Dominican male is trained from infancy to enamorar. It doesn't matter how ugly or stupid or inept he may be as a man or a lover. His mother told him he's the most precious thing ever. He feels it's incumbent upon him to go after the prey, just for the sake of it.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Went dancing a man said to me is that your wife, i said it was my girlfriend
he said is it ok to dance with her i said yes
next thing i heard she was seeing him
maybe you should get her a female partner to dance with
TRUSTNOONE-1.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What the gorgon and Castle are explaining most eloquently is that the Dominican male is trained from infancy to enamorar. It doesn't matter how ugly or stupid or inept he may be as a man or a lover. His mother told him he's the most precious thing ever. He feels it's incumbent upon him to go after the prey, just for the sake of it.

i know that i can depend upon you to explain these things in your customary eloquent fashion. let me illustrate by way of example;

my buddy had a beautiful but rather raucous girlfriend, with whom he fought very frequently. she had a Dominican friend who always came over to my friend's home to visit. they broke up may years ago, and i have not seen her since, i ran into the Dominican guy two weeks ago, and asked him how she was doing these days. he said she was fine, then proceeded to ask me if i had ever been to bed with her. i said "dude, she was my friend's girl. how could i be doing something like that?"

his casual response was "so"?

Dec 26, 2011
Went dancing a man said to me is that your wife, i said it was my girlfriend
he said is it ok to dance with her i said yes
next thing i heard she was seeing him
maybe you should get her a female partner to dance with
TRUSTNOONE-1.jpg

I did it myself the night I met who would become the mother of my son and my wife of sixteen years. She was dancing perico ripiao with a guy from La Vega. I was fishing so I complimented him on his "girlfriend's skills". He laughed and explained they were just friends. It was true. Pretty sure he was gay. I danced with her and the rest is history. She's now my ex, but I've never in my life seen another woman dance perico ripiao like that.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I did it myself the night I met who would become the mother of my son and my wife of sixteen years. She was dancing perico ripiao with a guy from La Vega. I was fishing so I complimented him on his "girlfriend's skills". He laughed and explained they were just friends. It was true. Pretty sure he was gay. I danced with her and the rest is history. She's now my ex, but I've never in my life seen another woman dance perico ripiao like that.

i'll lay a bet that her lightness of foot played a role in your decision to shoot for the sky

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
My brother in law came to visit me, i said where is the wife
she is having a driving lesson with my brother,
he said keep it in the family
she is now with him they were married 30 years
btw she is Dominican
:bunny: as i said trust no one